O1

JUST IMAGINARY - MARKHYUCK ONESHOTword count : 6575 wordswarning : mentions of child abuse, bullying, vulgar languagedisclaimer :  there isn't much bxb romance in this one shot, apologies to all the gay fic readers ;( it's more of a soft, platonic...

word count : 6575 words
warning : mentions of child abuse, bullying, vulgar language
disclaimer :  there isn't much bxb romance in this one shot, apologies to all the gay fic readers ;( it's more of a soft, platonic(?) story with lots of interactions between the two! there isn't any top or bottom skdjfgh they're kids in this story! 
please enjoy! <3 

. . .

"donghyuck-ah, do you know where you are?" a booming voice echoed through the sunbeam adorned clouds, startling the small, tan-skinned child.

"no, who is this?" donghyuck looked around frantically to find the source of the voice. 

"this is the underworld, hyuck," the booming voice chuckled. "this is where all the good kids go and we test you." 

"test? but i didn't study! oh no, mommy is going to be so mad, what if i fail..." donghyuck gasped, afraid to cry. 

"no, hyuck. this is a special kind of test," the manly voice spoke a little softer. "i'm going to send you on a little mission."

donghyuck's eyes widened and began to sparkle. "like a superhero? am i going to save the world?"

the man laughed heartedly. "not quite the world, but," he paused and continued, a smile evident on his face. "you will save a certain someone."

donghyuck crinkled his face in confusion. "hm? what does that mean?" 

the man shook his head. "i'm sending you on a quest to make a friend. there's this one boy down on planet earth. his name is lee minhyung, or mark, and he is a year older than you. he is having a very hard time down there because his parents hardly come home and he spends his life alone. he doesn't have many friends because he's made fun of for the way he talks. he needs a friend." 

"so, i'm going to be his friend?" the six-year-old boy tilted his head. 

"yes, but you're only imaginary. you are only visible to mark and no one else. i need you to make mark feel happy. until he is fully recovered from trauma and loneliness, your quest is yet to be fulfilled. it will take as long as it can."

"what if i fail?" 

"you can only fail if mark believes you are nonexistent and is still unhappy. this is a risk for when he becomes older. try to grow with him and maybe he will let you stay." the man beamed. 

"do i get an award?" the golden-skinned boy smiled widely. as a child, he was very known to receiving a little token of love or appreciation when he did something good.