Chapter Eighteen

Hermione and Fred were walking hand in hand from Hogsmeade, where they apparated, to Hogwarts through the snow that had layered itself on the ground. Somewhere between walking up from Hogsmeade and entering the lurking gates of Hogwarts, they started to argue between themselves, letting go of each others hands.

‘You know what, Fred? I’ve had enough of this and I’ve had enough of you taking Amelia’s side when you know she’s wrong!’ Hermione said, crossing her arms over her chest and pulling her coat tighter around her.

‘It’s her last year, Mia, let her have some fun!’ Fred said and tried to grab her hand but she pushed him away. Sighing, he wrapped an arm around her waist but Hermione wriggled out of his hold with a cold glare.

‘We get called up to Hogwarts every year because of our daughters mischief and you always have an excuse ready before she can explain for herself. Plus, you take her out to Hogsmeade to buy her whatever she wants while I trudge behind you,’ Hermione said, coldly, ‘she’s spoilt and you know it. Maybe if we had another child she wouldn’t be so spoiled.’

‘You know we can’t have any more kids or else we would have,’ Fred mumbled, ‘I can’t believe we had only one kid... and by accident too.’

‘Probably the best thing to happen to me,’ admitted Hermione as they entered Hogwarts. Then she sighed, ‘this time, I’ll talk to Amelia alone. You will not make an excuse for her, understand?’

‘Yes, ma’am,’ Fred said and then smirked, ‘I love you, Mia.’

‘Save it for when we get home,’ Hermione shot him a glance. Fred grinned hugely as they walked up the stairs. Sometimes he wished they had more children to mark their love but he would not give up what he had right now. His family was perfect.

When they got to McGonagall’s office, Fred and Hermione were allowed to go up. They went up the winding staircase, blindly white too, until hey reached outside McGonagall’s door. Fred knocked briskly two times and they were allowed in. Hermione and Fred walked into the room and they saw Amelia sitting in a chair in front of McGonagall. Then Hermione gasped out loud as she noticed the boy sitting next to her and his father.

‘Malfoy?’ Hermione whispered and Draco Malfoy turned around to see her. Something flashed deep in the irises of those grey pools but he turned to Fred and his glare hardened.

Hermione admitted that he was really... fit since the last time they had met which was years and years ago. She knew that he was not married which must have given him time to work on his body and for mid thirties, he looked great. His skin wasn’t as pale as she remembered and she wondered if he had been on holiday. His hair was a little thinner and his eyes were exactly the same as she remembered them to be; hypnotizing and a beautiful grey.

‘Please sit down, Miss Granger,’ McGonagall pointed to the two seats beside Amelia who was looking down at her lap.

‘It’s... Mrs Weasley now,’ Hermione said quietly and she heard Draco cough uncomfortably, ‘just call me Hermione, Professor.’

Fred and Hermione took their seat next to their daughter. Crossing her legs, Hermione felt immensely uncomfortable being in the same room with her husband, daughter and the man who had nearly taken everything away from her. She glanced at Fred to notice him clench his jaw tightly. Hermione took his hand.

‘Fred Weasley, the joker of Hogwarts especially when you had George with you. Your daughter takes completely after you,’ McGonagall said and Fred raised his eyebrows at her, ‘I caught Amelia out after midnight in an abandoned room with Mr Malfoy here,’ (she pointed to Scorpius) ‘and they stole two butterbeers from the Hogwarts kitchens.’