Chapter 10

Previously:

"I had a dream last night," at my announcement, Rajveer stopped pacing and took his seat. Naina, who standing by the door silently, joined us too.

"Kya dekha tune?" She asked.

"The reason why Captain Naveen was killed..." I started, keeping my serious face on. I was going to change the course of this story.

///////////

"Kya karan tha?" Rajveer asked eagerly.

"It seems there's has been illegal weapon trafficking going on in KMA that Naveenji found. He confronted the guy responsible. His girlfriend was a spy and was involved with that trafficking person. From what I saw, it seems someone in the higher-ups is the head of this operation. They trapped Naveenji and had him sent to jail where he was tortured and poisoned by those people. It was blessing for Naveenji when his best friend helped his ran away... But they almost caught him," I finished with a sad sigh.

" Poison? Naveen ko poison diya jata tha? " Naina's mother wailed. Naina hugged her mother and cried silently.

"Tortures ke bareme to hume pata tha... Lekin poison? My poor boy! " Naina's dad sobbed. Aalekh stood up and hugged him, giving his a shoulder to cry on.

"I think you should know what happened after he ran away," Rajveer said suddenly. I gasped in shock. 'This fucking moron! What the hell does he think he's doing?' I tried to stop him but he shoved me out of the scene 😠 and continued.

"Tu-Tumhe pata hai kya huya uske saath?" Naina's dad asked.

"It was me who helped Naveen escape that day. I was the one in charge of transferring him to that new prison. I was ready for any consequences as long as my best friend was safe. We ran and ran... But Naveen was really weak," Rajveer sighed sadly as if he could see that day clearly in his mind. "A few hours later, he just collapsed. He didn't have anymore strength left. I told him to get on my back. That I would carry him, but he gave me a sad smile in return," Rajveer looked away as tears gathered in his eyes. "He told me he was tired of fighting...tired of life itself. 'I want relief now' he said. That's when we heard them. They were almost onto us. I pulled him up and tried to get him to run, but instead, he handed me a voice recorder and told me to give it to Naina. I scolded him and told him to give that to her himself... that's when he handed me his gun..." He trailed off.

Naina gasped. "Rajveer sir?" The question in her tone was clear.

"Did you shoot him?" Naina's mom asked.

"I didn't want to. He was my family...how could I? He asked me for the ultimate sacrifice! He asked me to kill my only family!" by then, Rajveer was crying.

" What happened?" Naina's dad asked.

" He told me he would prefer to die in the hand of his best friend than those who betrayed this country. He begged...my best friend begged me to shoot him..."Rajveer sobbed.

" He's telling the truth," I told them all, entering the scene again.

"Y-You knew about this?" Naina asked, betrayal clear in her eyes.

" I dreamed of this. Sir didn't want to shoot but those monsters had almost reached them. Naveenji begged one last time to be free, and Rajveer sir pulled the trigger," I told them. " I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, but I saw the whole thing. I know who killed him and it wasn't Rajveer sir," I told them because I could see Naina pulling away already. If she pulled away, then she would make those same idiotic mistakes again. No ways in hell was I going to let her do THAT! 😒