Chap 8-Diagon Alley

Start from the beginning

"We get to be head boy and girl together!!!" He smiled even wider.

"You got head girl?! I'm so proud of you!" He hugged me even tighter and I smiled into his chest. 

"Dawn and I are being resorted at the Sorting Hat Ceremony, too. We both are really hoping to get into Slytherin." 

"I hope you do too, not that it will truly matter for us since we will be in the Head Students dorms."

"True, true. But either way, I would rather be in Slytherin anyway. I feel like I would fit in better. We'll see what happens, though. Oh, the reason I came over was to ask if you and Dawn wanted to go to Diagon Alley to get our books and robes and such? She already agreed to come by the way." 

"I would love to come, let me get dressed and I'll meet you either by the fireplace so we can Floo back to your house or meet me in Dawn's room." I nodded, kissed me on the cheek, and went back towards Dawn's room, finding her leaving her room, I assume to come find me. 

"You ready to go? We're just waiting on Draco and then we will be ready to Floo back to my house." She nodded and we walked down the stairs and sat down in the living room. A few minutes later I heard a door open and close and saw Draco walking down the stairs towards us. Dawn was the first to go through the fireplace and Draco and I followed after her.

When we reached my mansion, we found Blaise on the couch. I asked him if he was ready to go and he said yes. We yelled to our parents that we were leaving and they said okay. We got our Floo powder ready and made our way to Diagon Alley. Unfortunately, we landed at fireplace in the rundown Borgin and Burkes. I saw spider webs and dust everywhere and immediately ran out of the shop. I waited for the rest of my group to come outside and together, the four of us walked out of Knockturn Alley and into Diagon Alley. I noticed how anxious the place made Draco and I grabbed his hand to reassure him that everything was okay. He smiled down at me and we walked, lists in hand, to Madam Malkin's robe shop to get new robes. Since I was unaware of what house I was going to be placed in, I had to get fitted for brand new robes just like during my first year. It was a sweet and nostalgic feeling.

Once we finished in the robe shop, we walked towards Flourish and Blott's. While passing Ollivander's, I felt this great feeling that was pushing me to walk into the wand shop. I listened to that feeling and told everybody I would catch up with them in a bit. Walking into the shop, I saw Mr. Ollivander sitting in a chair with his back turned. He spoke before I could. 

"I had a feeling you would come to my shop today. With this new change, maybe it's time to find the wand that really suits you and who you are." He turned around in his chair. He's got a large scar on his face from I assume being tortured during the war days. 

"I didn't think I needed to stop by but something was forcing me to come in here. i guess it might be time for a new wand. i am almost a completely different person." He nodded in agreement. 

"Yes, that is true. Let me see your old wand," I handed it to him. "10 and 3/4 inches long, made of vine wood, and possesses a dragon heartstring core." He brokethe wand in half and threw it in the fire. I looked at him, almost dumbfounded. "Don't worry, dear. It doesn't possess the same power as the one you will be getting. You are a very powerful young woman, Mialynn." I smiled, hoping he was right. He reached up and grabbed a box. He opened it and I grabbed it. "10 inches, made with spruce woods, and a Thunderbird tail feather core." I tried to use the wand and shot boxes off the shelves.

"No, no. Not that one." Ollivander said, grabbing it from my hand and putting it back in the box. He walked through different isles before grabbing another and and handing it to me. "11 inches of rosewood with a unicorn hair core." I flicked my wrist and broke one of the lights. I put the wand back immediately, not wanting to break anything else. 

"Let me think, let me thi-" He paused, walking to the very back of his shop and grabbing a box with a dragon that adorned in the box. I looked at the box and wand in awe. Mr. Ollivander opened the box, knowing this one would be the one. "Redwood wood with a dragon heartstring core, 13 ¼" and hard flexibility..." He handed it to me and it felt like, well, magic. This was the wand. 

"This is it, this is THE wand." He smiled. I went to grab him some money but he stopped me. "Don't worry about it, it's free of charge. Think of it as a welcome home gift." I smiled, asking one more time if he was sure he didn't want payment. He reassured me that he didn't and I left the story, heading towards Flourish and Blott's where my people should be. I walked in to find Draco and Blaise arguing over who gets to carry my books. I walked up and grabbed them myself. 

"You two are ridiculous!" I stated as I walked over to Dawn.

"What took you so long?" I pulled out my wand to show them.

"What happened to your old wand?" Dawn asked.

"Ollivander just broke it and essentially said no booboo we glow up as a whole so it's time for a new wand sweetie." Everybody laughed and I told them about what happened. They understood and then we went to the front counter to pay for our books. I noticed some people whispering and staring at us.

"Is that the lost Malfoy and the lost Zabini?"

"They're so beautiful."

"I wonder if they're dating anybody?"

"Do you think I'd have a chance with either of them?"

I turned to my friends. "Anybody else notice people whispering and staring at us?" The other three looked around and see people looking at our group.

"Aye, bugger off mate. Quit the staring and get on with your business." Dawn shot at all of the people in the store. Even with a new look and new name, she's still got that same fiery attitude that I know and love. That's my girl. 

"Thank you, Dawn." She nodded and her and Draco paid for their books and then moved out of the way so Blaise and I could pay for ours as well. We paid and walked out of the store, going to get the last few items on our list. 

After we finished getting our important supplies, I pull everybody into Eyelop's Owl Emporium. My old cat, Crookshanks, passed away recently and I would love another pet to get in her place. Maybe I could convince my parents to let me get an owl and another pet. I messaged them about it and they said I could have whatever I wanted. We ran into the store and I spotted a gorgeous Eurasian eagle-owl that had black and tan feathers and maple brown eyes. I was overjoyed with happiness. I asked to hold her and they took her out of her cage so I could feel her feathers. I knew she was the one. I went to my brother and had him hold her so I could pick out a second pet. Since my first year at Hogwarts, they have added a section in this store for dogs, so I went to that section and picked out a grey Staffordshire Terrier puppy with bright blue eyes. I grabbed a collar and leash and I walked to where my brother was holding my owl. He and I walked to the counter and I paid for the pets. I decided I would pick out names when I got home. We met at the front of the store with Draco and Dawn. We agreed to go to The Leaky Cauldron and then Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour and then back to The Leaky Cauldron so we can Floo back home. 

In all, I think today was a success. I got a lot of things done and I got two new pets to spend time with so I'm excited. I can't wait to see what the upcoming school year has to offer me.

For some reason, my wattpad/grammarly is acting up and it won't let me edit and fix all of my mistakes so if you see grammar mistakes or my dumbass spelling something wrong, please please please tell me!!