This Is It (1)

This is a request by xScarlet_Witchx I hope you like it!

Note: I do not have any experience seeing a wedding, only the reception because we were always late 🤦🏻 so I did my best by watching youtube videos and doing research XD

This is only the part 1.

--

Cassandra stared at her reflection in the mirror, a bright smile on her face. Feeling a lightness in her chest, she drummed her feet against the floor, humming a melody that Varian always sang to her when she wanted to sleep.

"Feeling excited, Cass?" asked Rapunzel who is currently braiding her hair. She was almost done, she added the last hairpin.

Cassandra stared at the mirror, her hair was designed as a bun of braided roses and with fishtail braids on front of the head. She turned to her friend with a thankful smile.

"This is amazing, Raps. Thank you," she said.

Her eyes widened when Rapunzel jumped and hugged her tightly. She could hear her friend's sob making her furrow her eyebrows.

"H-hey, Raps, are you okay?" she asked, a worried feeling blooming in her chest.

Rapunzel pulled away and wiped her tears. "Yes." She showed her a true smile. "It's just that I can't believe you're getting married now, Cass. I still remember when Mom and Dad appointed you as my lady-in-waiting."

She chuckled. She really thought that something bad happened for her friend to react like that. "That was 16 years ago, Raps," she commented.

"I know. It's just that time went by so fast." She chuckled. "I have twins and now you and Varian are going to get married!" She said with a high pitched voice.

"I know." She smiled. "I still can't believe it. My happily ever after with the man I love."

Rapunzel nudged her side. "You better believe it, Cass."

The door opened and it revealed Catalina. She's now as tall as Rapunzel. She gave the both of them a warm smile, her red hair tied in a high ponytail.

"The royal carriage is here," she announced.

Cassandra's eyes widened. "Royal carriage?" She turned to Rapunzel who only gave her a innocent smile. She sighed. "Rapunzel I told you that there's no need for a royal carriage. I've already allowed you to let the wedding take place in the palace even though there's no need but a royal carriage?"

Rapunzel grabbed her hand and dragged her to the carriage. "Oh, hush, Cass. It's your wedding! Everything needs to be special," said the Queen, making her best friend sit inside.

"But-"

"Shh, no buts!" She sat next to the dark haired girl.

"Ready?" asked Catalina who were holding the horse's reigns. She volunteered to be the coach.

"Ready!"

---

Cold sweat ran down through Varian's forehead, his hand shaking in anticipation. He flinched when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned his hand and saw Eugene giving him a worried gaze.

"Hey, chill, kid. Cassandra won't ditch you," said his best man.

"I-I'm not nervous." His voice cracked.

Eugene raised a brow, his lips forming into a thin line and stared at him with a questioning look.

The groom sighed. "Fine. I'm nervous, okay?"

"I get that," said Eugene. "Everyone would really get nervous on their wedding day."

"Yeah. You even tripped straight to the punch of juice on your wedding because you were too nervous to look were you're walking," Varian teased.

"Ha ha, very funny." He rolled his eyes. "Anyway, jokes aside, it's alright to be nervous but don't let that nervousness eat you."

"I know." Varian sighed.

"Daddy!" The two men turned their heads to the two kids running towards them.

One boy and one girl, both have similar features. They were twins. The girl was crying her eye out as she hugged her father's legs.

"D-daddy, brother said that I'm ugly," she cried.

The little boy panicked and held his sister's hand. "I was only kidding, Sis! Come on! We need to go back. The flower girl and the ring bearer are needed!"

Eugene bended his legs and picked up his daughter who's slowly calming down.

"Shh, Princess. You're not ugly. You're the most beautiful girl in the world, like your mommy," Eugene consoled.

The prince bowed his head. "Sorry, Dad," he muttered.

"It's okay, Ace," said Eugene to his son with a warm smile.

"Thank you, Daddy," said the little girl and kissed her father's cheeks before she was placed back to the ground, running with his brother back inside another room to prepare.

"You sure did a good job being a father," commented Varian.

"Well, I do have my wife to teach me." He smiled.

Slowly, the music played and Varian couldn't help but smile.

This is it.