Tsukishima Kei x Uke! Male reader

Start from the beginning

I clenched the paper in my hand as I exited the classroom. In the distance, I noticed Tsukishima with Yamaguchi approaching the classroom. I hung my head low as I cut the nearest corner. My stomach growled and I made a stop at the vending machine. I picked (f/d) and (f/snack) before I exited the school. I looked around and the yard was empty, it was also uncomfortably silent since volleyball practice hasn't started. With a sigh I opened my drink and took a sip, taking a moment to relax in the peaceful atmosphere. And then I heard heavy footsteps echoing in the halls. I turned my head to observe the door, a weird feeling of anxiety in my stomach. The door swung open before I and Tsukishima stepped out. His face was washed with relief as he stopped to catch his breath. He grabbed his knees and raised his right hand waving a piece of paper in front of my face. When he caught his breath he finally stood up, looking me straight into the eyes.

"You... You wrote this for me? After all the things I said to you, after everything I did? Why?"

His eyes hid something sad and heavy deep within and on the surface, there was disbelief and curiosity.

"I-Well I thought about it and I decided that I wanted to give you a chance and not see you through your salty acts, but..."

I took out a piece of paper from my pocket.

"Maybe I made a mistake."

His eyes widen in shock and disappointment, I stepped away and his hands seemingly reached for me to try and stop me.

"No..."

He said softly, I could barely hear it.

"I'm... I'm sorry okay... I'm sorry I treated you the way I did. And I'm sorry for that note. Can... Can I get that second chance?"

I looked away from his amber eyes, the soft tone he spoke with was unknown to me and my cheeks got dusted with a hint of pink.

"Maybe..."

A very small smile crept onto his face and for the first time since I met the tall blonde man he talked to me for more than three minutes without making a salty comment or a joke.

"About that hangout, we have to go on today... Do you want to come over to my place and play some video games maybe?"

My eyes widen, I looked at him and I could swear I saw the faintest blush on his pale cheeks as he was looking to the side and waiting for my answer nervously. My mind lagged as I started to answer.

"I-Um... T-That sounds g-good. When c-can I come?"

His lips curved up into a smile larger than any I saw on his face, aside from smirks, but this one was also genuine and filled with happiness.

"Does 7 work? I think practice will be shorter today."

I nodded as I pulled on my backpack straps nervously.

"A-Alright, see you tonight then."

He gave me a smile and a wave before turning to the gym. He walked a few steps before I shouted.

"D-Do your best!"

He turned around surprised, but he quickly hid it away with a smirk and a slug wink. I blushed and immediately facepalmed knowing he's most certainly snickering because of it... I hoped to get as little teasing about it as possible. After that, for me very strange exchange, I went straight home and started doing my homework while munching down on some food I quickly made. My hand tiredly went across my eyes as a yawn escaped my mouth. I turned my head to look at the big watch on my wall.

It's almost 6:30 I should get ready...

I turned up my phone as I made my way to the shower. When I finished taking a refreshing bath I looked through the notifications, among them I saw 7 new messages from Tsukishima.