Tsukishima Kei x Uke! Male reader

Start from the beginning

My eyebrows twitched as I tried my best to hold my annoyance and rage behind my smiley facade. Meanwhile, I noticed in the corner of my eye that Tsukishima was just smirking down at me. Before I had a chance to say anything he addressed the teacher.

"Our team name is 'Sweet n' Sour'."

The kind lady smiled warmly at us clasping her hands together.

"Excellent, I'll take a minute to explain what we're doing to you two. You and your partner have to get to know each other. We live in a time of technology and we often forget about other people around us. As you can see on the right side of the classroom I prepared little boxes for everyone. This assignment will last one week and you'll have two things to do every day. One is to leave a motivation note in your partner's box and with each day you change it up, add something to make them smile and make their day happier. This includes little DIY gifts, cards, no money tho. And the other is to hang out with your partner after school every day. During this time you can do whatever you want, bond while playing games, do homework together and so on. I'll be paying close attention to everyone and those boxes!"

I stared in disbelief at my teacher as she explained the assignment. I felt a lump in my throat as I tried to swallow. My eyebrows twitched again as I was biting down on the inner side of my cheek.

Such a fun assignment that will get everyone a good grade and I get paired up with this pain in the ass... Why did I oversleep today of all days...

I looked at Tsukishima to only see him smirking smugly at me. With a sigh, I rolled my eyes and turned back towards the board.

"Now to continue with the class..."

I scribbled in my notebook, doodling mad faces and skulls on the side of the sheet. My mind got occupied and I only heard the loud noise of the bell.

"Be sure to place the first notes in the boxes by the end of the day! Class dismissed."

I gathered my things and prepared to go to the next class, before I exited I glanced at the boxes. I slightly jumped as I heard a voice next to my ear.

"Thinking about the note you're going to write to me about how amazing and talented I am?"

"Yeah right, in your dreams."

I pushed him to the side exiting the classroom quickly.

I have to think of something by the end of the day tho.

The thought ended repeating in my head for the rest of the day. As I was trying to focus on anything else I ended up thinking about it again. The school came to an end sooner than I thought it would and I decided to be nice to Tsukishima for once. Maybe he isn't so bad and he probably fights a battle I don't have a clue about.

You can do anything you set your mind to. Don't allow yourself to be held back by anxiety and fear! I believe in you.

I read over the small piece of paper as I entered the classroom. Looking around I found bix with his name and I opened it, placing the folded note inside.

Did he place anything in my bix yet?

I hesitantly removed the cardboard lid off my box and inside there was a piece of paper. I smiled to myself but still held a bit skepticism when I unfolded the paper.

'You did great today!'

The small smile on my face grew.

'Not too bad considering your cognitive abilities.'

My face immediately changed into one of annoyance. U pressed my lips together thinking over whether or not to remove the note I wrote to him.

No, show him you're better. I had enough of this picking fights in the hallways and classes for no reason at all.