Oikawa Tooru x Male reader

Start from the beginning

When we heard about the carnival, there was only one thought on our minds, we must go! And that's what happened. The day came and both of us got ready. I woke up super early because I was eager to get to the festival as soon as possible. (Y/N) was still sleeping next to me and I couldn't help but stare at his beautiful sleeping form. Soon, tho, his eyes slowly fluttered open and he jumped back slightly from the initial surprise, but soon his eyebrows knitted together and he gave me a questioning look.

"You weren't staring at me while I slept by any chance?"

I gulped as my nervous gaze looked around the room.

"Oikawa!"

I opened my mouth to apologize, but he burst into giggles.

"I'm just joking, come here."

He wrapped himself around me and I sighed in relief. I buried my nose into his soft and fluffy (h/c) hair. The sweet familiar scent filled my nose and I just brought him closer, with a wide smile on my face. We stayed in bed for longer than we expected, sharing the sheets with someone special makes a big difference. We went through our morning routines swiftly but still managed to exchange cute little kisses throughout. Soon we found ourselves in the car, happily riding towards the carnival and singing along to our favorite songs. When the carnival appeared in our vision I looked over to my boyfriend, who was on the passenger seat, his joyful smile was pure and innocent, his happiness was shining brighter than any star. The first thing he did when we came out of the car was taking out his phone and throwing one of his arms around my neck. He made a goofy smile and so did I, laying my head on his, with tall carnival tents behind us.

I placed the photo back in its original place and took a step back. It was too much. I looked around the darkroom, the blinds were shut and the walls, even tho painted, appeared gray, almost colorless, to my eye. I walked through the hallway, with each step I took my chest tightened more. The first room on my right was the living room. I didn't enter tho. I couldn't. My glossy eyes started at the empty couch, the place that was always our comfort zone, so many days and nights were spent there. Even tho I didn't want to, my body moved on its own. I came into the dim-lit room and gently brushed the blanket with my fingers. I fell to my knees as I grabbed the piece of fabric and buried my head into it. I couldn't hold it in anymore, the familiar and nostalgic scent that always filled my nose and brought me happiness now brought me nothing but tears and memories I couldn't relive again. I gripped the blanket as I started swaying back and forth.

"I can't do this (Y/N)... You know I can't..."

I took a moment and tried my best to calm myself down. It was hard but I managed to stop crying. I folded the blanket and placed it where I found it. I couldn't wait anymore, I couldn't hide from it anymore. I marched into the bedroom, immediately remembering my last, not so cheerful, time there.

I was lying in the bed, and suddenly (Y/N) burst through the door. That wouldn't have been a problem... If I was alone... The girl in my arms jumped up, startled by the sudden noise. The joyful look on (Y/N)'s face quickly disappeared. I couldn't place only one emotion on his face. There was disappointment, pain, betrayal, and sadness all written on his sweet adorable face. Seemingly his shiny (E/C) eyes were drained of all color. His gaze was lost, he was looking through me rather than at me. As his lower lip trembled the bouquet of my favorite flowers fell from his hand. As soon as I opened my mouth to speak, to try to reason, apologize, anything really, his face formed one distinct emotion that scared me. His brows knitted together, and his eyes burned with nothing else but rage.

"Oh don't waste no more precious words on me 'honey', I really don't want to hear your stupid explanation."

My lips closed, he moved away from the door and the girl ran out without looking back. He stood still for a moment, I just laid where I was observing him cautiously. He finally moved, reaching the windows he stopped, his hand moved the curtain away and he gazed out to the city. After a while he softly spoke, his voice trembling and almost broken.