Coming Home

Chapter 1

A cool, brisk wind hits my cheek and sweeps through my hair as I step out of the plane. For a moment, I'm hit with memories flooding from filing cabinets in my brain, and rushing into my senses. I breathe deeply, enjoying the Reno weather I had grown to love as I grew up here. I slowly walk down the stairs, smiling when I see the Rockies.

"Home." I whisper to myself, then begin to whistle a cadence and chant it in my head as I walk toward the entrance of the airport.
Momma momma can't you see? What the Army's done to me, I used to drive a Cadillac, now I carry one on my back. Used to wear my faded jeans, now I'm wearing Army greens.

Four years I've been serving in the Army, most of it a blur of training. Walking in, I'm immediately greeted by people I don't know. The Army greens affect people in a way I'll never understand.

Leaning over, I retie the laces on my boots, fix my uniform and take my cap off out of habit. Walking through detectors, picking up items, and all I can think about is the one thing that has made this all worth it.

Ariithiana.

••••••••

Hey guys! I know it's super short, but I hope you liked it. I've always wanted to just write a romance, and here's the start. I'll be updating soon.

***Fair warning, this is going to be a lesbian love story with twists, turns, betrayal, love, and all that good stuff. Being a proud gay woman, I enjoy writing how I do. So if you aren't into it, exit the premises. But if you are, stick around!

Comment

Vote

And follow me on here!

Until next time!