Chapter 1

She woke up from another sleepless night. Once again the same routine, she got ready in some loose clothes, tied a messy hair bun. As always she got ready like she is nothing more than a living corpse. She wants to look as ugly as she can, she doesn't want history to repeat. She doesn't want her beauty to attract another moron to destroy her again. She knew how she got out of that pain and agreed to go to college. She agreed but also kept a condition that she will stay away from everyone, she didn't want to make friends anymore. She wanted to stay alone in her lone world.

Avneet is strong. She has to be. She has to be strong for her friends, brighten their day with a smile as sincere as she can muster. For her family, to always love them and put their needs above her own. That is what she does every day. But on the inside, she lives in a never-ending death. At night she suffers, pouring out her tears to the stars, begging them with her tear-soaked eyes to understand her misery.

She went downstairs. Her dad was having breakfast and her mother was serving him. She was an unwanted one there. Her mother indicated her to take breakfast, but she knew no one wants her. Her mom doesn't like her, she is a curse to her own family. She wants to go away, far away from this world. But, she doesn't know what is holding her back. Her misery, her pain is unbearable. But for whom she is alive when no one wants her? That's the only question in her mind. Even after trying to commit suicide three times, she is alive... Why? She doesn't know the answer.

She shaked her head chuckling her thoughts. Her mother didn't ask her to have breakfast again she just went into the kitchen, ignoring her. She didn't mind as she knew no one cares.

"Ave let's go... We will have something in the canteen." Her brother said understanding the situation and Avneet. He knew his mom would not ask her to have breakfast, nor his dad will. They didn't like her after that incident, they think she is impure because someone touched her against her will. But who will explain to these people what was her fault in that? Just because she couldn't save herself from that moron, it's her fault.

"Jai you should not go out without having breakfast, you will eat that unhygienic food from canteen instead of this healthy breakfast?" His mom said setting his plate.

"Mom, even Avu was here why didn't you asked her to have breakfast? Isn't she your daughter? What she did to deserve this, deserve your hatred? Just because she expressed herself she is at fault?" Jai said taking the side of Avneet. His mom looked down.

"Jai let it be, anyways I am getting late. You can come after having breakfast." Avneet said trying to hide her pain.

"Avu, please I know you are not late. Let me say... They can't do this to you. It was not your fault dammit.." He said and stomped his feet.

"Jai it's OK. Let's go." Avneet said and went out and Jai went behind her.

Jai was driving the car and Avneet was sitting on the passenger seat. She had her face covered, she didn't want anyone to see her. She was used to taunts. People consider her impure. She never asked for anything except respect from childhood only but after that incident, she lost that respect too.

She was going to start the new phase of her life, college life. She didn't want to go, but Jai gave her his vow. He said he will keep her safe. He assured her. He wanted his old sister back. He wanted her to fight for herself from thier parents, from this society. He wanted her to forget that incident, which was next to impossible for any girl. That was the main reason he asked her to join college, he had hoped she will find a reason to live soon. After that three suicide attempts, Jai was too scared about her. He wanted her to live her life instead of losing courage. He wanted her old sister who was chirpy, bubbly, talkative was free to say and wear anything. But now she was exactly opposite to old Avneet.

Thanks for giving this story a try. I am trying my best to convey my emotions via words I hope they are OK?

What do you think about the plot and Avneet?

What do you want to say about Avneet's parents?

Inline comments are love. Your comments will make me write more and faster.

The spread word for this story or this concept.