Aesop X Reader

♥️

Title: Yellow Rose in a Casket of Shadows

Pairing: Aesop Carl (Embalmer) (male) x Reader
(n/a)

A/N: Yeah I definitely should've finished this way sooner. Apologies to the person who requested this, Ive been rather sidetracked. I enjoy writing Fanfiction a lot, I really do, but for whatever reason I seem to let things get to me so bad that I end up losing focus and where I'm at in my life temporarily. But uh enjoy I guess! I'm gonna pitch out a couple other ships that I've had ideas on for awhile after this too so uh please gimme read thank you owo

~key~
(Y/N): Your Name
(Y/C): Your Career
(Y/P): Your Power-up (if you have one. If not, just pick your go-to when you open chests as lucky guy)

(Y/N)'s POV

'Oh, lucky me. I get to do quite a few matches today. As I look at the schedule, I notice I'm taking part in not one, but TWO bloody duo hunter matches. Torture me, why don't you. Oh, wait...' As I'm lost in my own funny quips within my monologue, I don't realize the tall, lanky figure towering over me to see the list of who's participating today, as the schedule is still in my hands.

"Um, excuse me, (Y-Y/N). May I see the schedule w-when you're done?" I jump at the sudden voice coming from above my head. "If you don't mind, that is." I look up to see Aesop with his face mask on, slight concern mixed in with a large amount of nervousness etched on his face. Those amazing grey eyes temporarily paralyze my thought process.

"Oh! Right! Here, Carl," I addressed him by his last name. It was a habit of mine, as being a (Y/C) required a rather large amount of professionalism. Handing him the schedule, our fingers brush past and I try not to pay any mind to it at all. However, I can tell there's already quite a blush on Aesop's face as he pulls his mask up more with his other hand. "I must say, I'm definitely NOT looking forward to the duo-duo hunter matches, haha."

Aesop's POV

'Oh dear! Did (Y/N) really just call me by my last name? I don't want them to associate me with that TERRIBLE excuse of a man! And their hand, so soft and comforting.'

Without thinking, I corrected (Y/N). "Please, c-call me Aesop."

(Y/N) nodded courteously. "My bad, Aesop," Hearing them say my name made me feel more warm in the face. "Well, I'll be off now. See you in an hour, Aesop. Please make sure you're properly fed, I didn't see you stop by the kitchen for breakfast yet."

"R-right." With that curses stutter, I left (Y/N) to go to the kitchen and make some oatmeal.

While pouring the oatmeal into a bowl, I mentally took note of Naib, who was just now getting out of bed to get ready for the day.

"Morning, Aesop," Naib groaned out. As I turned to look at him, as I was much more comfortable around him than the others, I noticed his grimace turned into a smirk. "Is your face seriously still red? I bet it was from (Y/N) or something. I saw them go into the library just a couple minutes ago, and I could've SWORE you care out of the same room as them."

"N-No, I'm not red. And it's definitely not because of someone like (Y/N)." I argued.

"What's this about (Y/N)? Is Aesop finally with them or something?" Eli shuffled in, innocently asking a rather embarrassing question without even realizing it.