'No.'

'Derek.'

'Ok, maybe. But, can you blame me? Look at you laid up in here.'

She sighed, 'Yeh... You don't have to cry over me.'

'Laylah... When I got that phone call, Savannah said it looked like I'd seen a ghost.'

She sniffled, looking away as she felt tears burnt her eyes.

'Laylah girl, hey,' Derek squeezed her hand as he spoke softly; 'It's ok to be scared.'

'They've had to sedate me twice now because I keep freaking out... So, no, it's not ok because I can't comprehend this. I can't stand the thought of never being able to see again. Not seeing any of you again.'

'You're going to get through this.'

'And if I don't? God, what the hell do I tell Spence?'

'What do you mean? How doesn't he know?'

She winced, letting out a soft string of curses as she clenched her eyes shut.

'Laylah,' He pressed.

'Spence... Spencer's in jail,' She whispered; 'He got arrested down in Mexico, we think Scratch is behind it.'

'Damn... Why didn't anyone tell me?'

'He didn't want you to know... He's embarrassed, De. He's a federal prison with guys he put in there... And somehow he thinks he deserves it.'

'Shit.'

'Derek, it's not your fault. If anything, it's mine. I should've been there with him, it might've warned him off.'

'Or maybe this is happened because you weren't there.'

'But, this isn't his M.O.? Like at all.'

'That's true.'

'Hey, don't worry over it. We've got it under wraps and we're working it when we can between cases.'

'You mean everyone else is. I know you, Lay.'

'Yeh, ok. Maybe I'm doing a little more work then the others.'

'Lay.'

'I was... Doing a lot more work then the others. But, he shouldn't be in there, Derek. And now with this bullshit, I might never solve it.'

'That's what I'm here for.'

'De, we both know you can't do that. Especially if Scratch finds out.'

'So we keep it under wraps.'

'De.'

'Don't give me that look.'

'De.'

He sighed, running his hand down his face before he looked to her again. His eyes flicked over the bruises adorning her cheeks and the bandage covering her forehead, before they fell to her eyes again; easily able to read the concern in them.

'I just want to help,' He muttered.

'And you can by staying out of it,' She sighed; 'I don't want you to end up like this, or worse.'

'Then what can I do to help you?'

'You can... If you really want, you can help me learn braille.'

'Braille? You mean like the dots for blind people?'

'Yes.'

'But, Laylah, you're not-'

'I need something to take my mind off of all of this before I shut down completely like I have been... Please, De. Let me try to come to terms with this before I loose my mind.'