[ 4 ]

We got all the cars lined up and ready to go to the CDC, Shane pep talking. Morales said he wasn't going. Great, looking different and more people. Walking from Daryl truck, I gave them luck and hugs.

"Alright. Lets move out." Shane said as we got back into our cars. Slamming the door to Daryls truck, we all left in a line. Looked at the Mustang with Ricks note on it. Sighing I watched out the window again. We watched Morales leave as we followed the RV down the Highway. Tears flooded my eyes as I looked down at my legs.

The RV stopped so we all did. The hose shot out of the RV. We all stood around, until Shane spotted something ahead. Jacqui came out and told us Jim was bad. Rick went in and talked to him. I leaned on Daryl and tears fell as they talked about Jim. And, we left him.

Everyone stood around and said goodbye. I was the last one to go up. Squatting down, I placed a hand on his. " Thank you. So much. For everything you've done. " I said and he smiled. We hit the road once again, leaving a man behind. I felt so bad. For him.

~

There it is. The Center of Disease Control. We all piled out and coughed at the gross smell. We all watched where we walked as we approached the door. I stayed with the women and kids, reaching the door. The boys started to bang on the doors as walkers approched. Carol and Sophia hid behind me. " Rick!" I yelled at him. He was still struggling to get into the building. " Give up!" I added as I took two walkers heads off with Kindness.

" You're killing us!!" Rick yelled one last time begore running. And then, it was pure white. We all paused to look at the bright light. This is it. The CDC just opened. For us.

Stepping inside Rick uelled to be answered by a gun. A ginger stepped out." Any of you infected?" He asked. " Part of our group was. He didnt make it." Rick answered. " Why are you here? What do you want?" He asked again. Man with questions." A chance." Rick answered again." Thats asking for a lot now a days." The man stepped up." I know." Rick sighed." I need your blood. Incase. That's your admission. " he said. Rick nodded.

He told us about the doors and how they will not open back up. We learned the guys name was Doctor Erwin Jenner. After that we packed ourselves in a tight elevator. It was a quiet ride down. The doors opened and we all piled out.

" Are we underground? " Carol asked.

" You claustrophobic? " Jenner asked.

" Yeah a little." Carol replied.

" Try not to think about it." He said walking into a room. " Vi, bring up the lights in the big room." He spoke. We learned it was just Jenner left. Everyone else was gone. We also learned about Vi.

"What about this person you were speaking to. Vi?" Lori asked. " Vi! Say Hello to our guests. Tell them. Welcome." Jenner said.

" Hello, guests. Welcome." A female voice said.

"Who's first?" Jenner asked.

" I will." I spoke and then he let me go. Andrea stood up to go next but fell.

" You okay?" He asked.

" She hasnt eaten in days. None of us have." Jacqui answered. Jenner then took us down to a cafeteria.

Taking a sip of wine, we all laughed and had fun." Let children have some wine now a days." Dale said with a laugh.

" Okay. When Carl is in Italy or France he can have some then." Lori said and people begged she soon gave in.

" Ewwww." Carl whined and everyone laughed.

" What?" Glenn said.

" Keep drinkin little man. See how red your face can get." Daryl said and laughed erupted again.

" I guess we didnt have a toast properly. To Jenner!" Rick said and toasted.

" Booyah!" Daryl yelled, I did after him.

" Couches are nice, so are the beds. Theres a wreak room down the hall you kids will enjoy. Dont plug in anything that envloves power...if you shower, go easy on the hot water." Jenner said before leaving.

" Hot water?" Glenn said smiling.

" That's what the man said!" T said smiling.

We all stepped in the rooms we wanted. Rick drunkly knocked on mine. "I have a question..."

" I might have an answer.." I said and offered him in.

"Is Lori sleeping with Shane?" Tick asked bluntly.

"Uhh, why do you think that?" I said sitting down on the bed.

"Ive seen them look at eachother. I think they are. You seem like an honest person, so I wanna ask you." Rick said sadly. I don't want him to be right, but he is. I also dont want him chasing after a woman who might not even love him.

"Rick...Im so sorry...she is. To be honest, I saw them..." I trailed off not wanting to finish. I didn't, but Carl did but I dont want him to know. Rick looked to the floor and then back up to me.

"Mind if I sleep in here tonight?" He asked

"...of course. I get the bed though." I said with a grin throwing my bag on the bed and rummaging through it. Taking my clothes into the bathroom, I turned on the shower. Stripping down and walking in, I let the water beat down on my hair and skin, hot and steam. I soaped up my long light blonde hair and washed it good. Same with my entire body before stepping out. Drying myself up, I put back on my undergarments, and the oversized shirts of my husbands when I left. I walked out and threw anything else into the bag, taking my hair brush, I ran it through my hair while walking down the hall to the wreak room. Carol, Carl, Sophia and Lori were all in there.

" You aren't afraid to walk down those halls just in a shirt." Carol said. I chuckled lightly," Show off those legs." She added. Thats when I laughed.

"Just checking in." I smiled to her.

" Well, we were going to go to bed anyways. " Carol said as she and Sophia left. I looked at Carl before he left too. Lori watched me as I turned.

" Don't think I don't know what your up to." She growled.

" What do you mean?" I turned back around.

" Husband stealer." I backed up at that. Rick mustve left and said something when I was in the shower. My asshole Dixon kicked in.

" What?" I said,"..and try not to sound like a second grader please."

" You stole my husband. He doesn't want talk to me anymore. You bitch." She growled.

" At least I'm not a whore." I said matter of factly." Screwing your husbands best friend." I mumbed before running a hand through my down blonde hair and walking away. Walking into my room, Rick was asleep on the couch. As I went by, I ran my hand down his arm before climbing into my bed for a restful and peaceful night sleep.