Bonus

Moca was not ready to face Tsugumi yet. She didn't know what to do. How was she going to lie to her like that? How could she deceive her?

Moca unfortunately didn't get much time to think about that. She had woken up about an hour ago. And now, Tsugumi was stirring. Moca gulped as she stood beside the bed. Lisa was already gone, having to go work.

Tsugumi opened her eyes. She looked at Moca in confusion. She sat up and looked around.

"W-where am I? What happened?" Tsugumi asked.

"You're in a friend of mine's house. I... I don't know what happened to you. I found you unconscious in the woods." Moca said. She felt horrible having to lie, but she didn't have a choice.

"I can't remember much... I don't even know how I got into the woods..." Tsugumi mumbled.

"I'm Moca. What's your name?" Moca asked, knowing she best get that out of the way before she messed up.

"Tsugumi."

"Well, Lisa... um, the friend of mine, she left some food for you to eat. Let me get it." Moca said and left the room.

She took a deep breath before she grabbed the food. It was just some bread, unfortunately. The harvest hadn't gone well this year. Food was scarce as is. That made it worse.

Moca returned to the room, "Here you go."

"Thank you." Tsugumi said, before she started nibbling at the bread.

Moca sat down on the bed. She didn't know what she was supposed to do. How was she going to get away with this? She was worried she would mess up at some point.

And then... what if Tsugumi did get the memories back? What then? How was she going to handle that either? It was a losing situation for Moca no matter what happened.

"Um... will you show me around town then?" Tsugumi asked, "I... I'd like to know my way around."

"Sure." Moca agreed.

Once Tsugumi was done eating, they left the house. Moca showed her around. She did her best to stay away from the other townsfolk. She didn't know if she could trust them around Tsugumi.

"Who's that kid?"

Moca winced as she heard that. Looks like staying discreet didn't work. She just hoped it wasn't going to be too bad.

"Dunno. Apparently Moca brought her back though."

"Could she be a vampire?"

"Maybe she is."

Moca quickly led Tsugumi away and to an empty area of the town. She hated this all. The rest of the townsfolk weren't on her side. They'd spread rumors like wildfire. Who was to say a rumor wasn't going to spark the memories?

"Moca... what were they talking about?" Tsugumi asked, her voice quiet.

"There's a rumor about a vampire living in the woods. They're very superstitious about it." Moca replied, "Don't worry about what they say. They just don't know what to think of you quite yet."

"Oh..."

"Are you alright?"

"I... remember a town... I was... attacked..." Tsugumi mumbled.

"I see. I promise that won't happen here. They'll have to kill me before they can lay a hand on you." Moca stated.

She was not about to let anyone hurt Tsugumi. She would die before that would happen. Moca had to protect her. She promised Ran that she would.