Chapter 15

***********************************
Anakin was glad Ona decided to stay in the room with him. He had company, she had a break. It was a win, win situation. They talked all about ships, and tools and what they would do if they were freed of their responsibilities.
"You know, you really are reckless!" Anakin said to Ona.
"Oh, you're one to talk! You lost your memory to recklessness!"
"How did it happen?"
"I--," A beeping came from the cockpit. "Looks like we're coming up on Geonosis. Just let me--" the ship stalled out of lightspeed. A crash came from the back.
"Another ship is approaching, Mistr--" X-T3 was violently cut off by the ship hurdling through space toward a fiery red planet.
"Ona, what was that?"
"I don't-- ah!!" Anakin ran to the cockpit.
"Ona? Ona?! Ona!" She was breathing heavily, she was covered in black soot from the burning circuits. She leaned on the control panel, for support and opened her mouth to speak.
"Anakin..." she wheezed out. "Tell my brother, that we are crash landing on Mustafar..." he turned on the commlink.
"Obi-Wan!" He yelled frantically. "We have been taken from lightspeed. We are crash landing on Mustafar. Ona's injured, I'm fine...well, as fine as I can be."
"We're on Geonosis. We can't come to you, the ship's badly damaged. You'll have to find your own way out of this one! I--" the signal died. An unusually shaped ship hurdled past them, damaged. They crash landed on the ashen ground. The other ship crashed right near the lava banks. A man with dark hair ran out, but his foot caught under some scrap metal. The fire of the banks spread toward him, and the first, and last sounds Anakin heard out of that man were screams of pain, and agony. Ona groaned, and fell to the ground. She spoke no more, but she was concious. Anakin watched the man, as a different man walked up to him. This man had crinkled, paper white skin, with a tinge of sickening green. And these horrible, yellow eyes.
"The Emperor," Anakin spoke aloud. "And--" He remembered. The dam holding his memories broke completely, and the shock of it all brought him to his knees. He leaned on a rail to the ruined ship for support. Ona reached toward him from the ground, and slipped her cold, trembling, pale hand into his.
"You remember?" Her weak raspy voice shook him to the core.
"Yes."