You could hear them murmuring to each other. You bent your head back to look at them, "What's that?... What's that?" You ask. Flavius caught your eyes "We were just saying we might have to hose you down again before we give you to Cinna." He said.

Oh, you would give anything to be back at home.

After they had plucked, pulled, and stripped all the hair they deemed unnecessary as well as the first 3 layers of skin from your body, Flavius and Venia started doing doing up your hair and Octavia began to paint your nails.

You don't know how long you were in that room but it felt like an eternity, when everything was done you were put back into the little room you had originally been in.

Laying on the table you stare at the ceiling. The room's door suddenly opening once again making you to sit up.

A man, dressed in all black was walking towards you. He had a relaxed vibe rolling off him.

"That was one of the bravest things I've ever seen. With your sister? Was it? My name is Cinna, " He says to you, reaching out a hand.

"Y/n", you tell him, shaking his hand.

"I'm sorry that this happened to you. I'm here to help you in any way that I can. " Cinna says, taking a step back.

"Most people just congratulate me," you say to him with a slight scoff.

"I don't see the point in that." He responds.

"So tonight, they have the tribute parade, they take you out and show you off to the world." He continues.

You turn your gaze to your lap for a second before looking back at him.

"So you're here to make me look pretty?" you ask, raising a brow.

"I'm here to help you make an impression," Cinna responds.

"Now usually they dress people in the clothes of their district." He tells you.

"Yeah, ours is coal miners." You answer with a nod.

"Yeah, but I don't wanna do that, " He says with a small smirk.

"I wanna do something that their gonna remember, " He tells you.

"Did they explain how to get sponsors?" He asks.

"Yeah, but I'm not very good at making friends." You tell him.

"We'll see, " He responds, smirk widening.

"I just think somebody that brave, shouldn't be dressed up in some stupid costume should they?" He asks, moving a piece of your hair.

"No," you respond, smiling at him.

------------------------+timeskip+---------------------

-Y/n p.o.v-

When you and Cinna had finished talking he had dressed you in a black fabric bodysuit as well as your own boots. You were relieved when you still felt your father's knife inside of it.

When you were all dressed and finished, Cinna had your prep team come back to begin your hair and makeup. When they had finished you honestly didn't recognize yourself.

Cinna came and took you to a room that was filled with what you guessed from the costumes, the other tributes. Cinna pulled you along until you saw Peeta, he was standing next to a chariot getting his hair touched up by one of his prep team members. The prep member left at the sight of you and Cinna.

"Okay, this is safe I promise, " Cinna said as he pulled out a stick that seemed to flame up out of thin air.

"It's not real fire, the suits are built so that you won't feel a thing." He says.