s1 e13: "i think i need a little more convincing"

Start from the beginning

"and if we need to in touch with you, sir?"

"you won't....'cause your good" he said before entering the elevator.

"nice to meet you. is he always?....."

"a nonchalant jackasss. yeah. it's lovely" kelsey said with a sarcastic smile before taking a sip of her coffee.

"𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆'𝐒 𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐄? 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐄"
april asked as she closed the door to the attendings' lounge where meredith, kelsey, and alex were seated, eating pizza.

"pizza?" alex offered, to which she just exhaled and looked over at kelsey and meredith.

"i have stupid teenage patients who superglued themselves together so their parents can't tear them apart"

"mm. that sounds romantic" kelsey commented.

"yeah. more like moronic. i have no idea how to get them apart without taking off half their skin"

"try acetone"

"try going away" april said to alex before letting out a sigh. "meredith, kelsey. any ideas?"

"'mm. acetone?"

"thank you" april said with a smile before turning around and leaving. 

"so what's the deal with stark? kelsey says he's nonchalant jackass"

"more like a lazy, backstabbing weasel. why?"

"because we called him in to examine this patient—"

"you called him in? ha! i wish i coulda seen that. you don't call stark"

"well, our kid just had pectus excavatum surgery and he was in serious pain"

"yesterday my fundoplication patient was vomiting. you don't call stark. why didn't you just handle it, livingston?"

"because this kid's mother is a nurse at seattle pres and she said she knows about how residents are always half asleep on the night shift and their attendings are no where to be found and yada yada yada. she didn't trust us basically and requested we call stark" she said before shrugging, taking a bite of her pizza.

"let's play a game. there's one rule. you don't call stark"

"alex, i'm serious. normally i would handle this myself, but i haven't been on peds in a while, kelsey's been in o.b., and you know the complications with these kids"

"wait a minute. we should just handle it ourselves. if stark doesn't want to care, he doesn't have to. we'll get an l.d.h., a c.r.p, and a sed rate" kelsey said, looking over at alex for his response.

"that's smart. with stark, you have to cover all your bases so if you do end up calling him, he has no excuse but to get off his ass and come in" he explained before taking a bite of his pizza.

"works for me"

"𝐇𝐄𝐘, 𝐃𝐑. 𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐍. 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐕𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐔𝐋𝐓? 𝐈'𝐌 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐂.𝐓. 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐔𝐋𝐓𝐒"
kelsey asked as she walked up to teddy in the hallway.

"oh, well, joe took my keys, so i'm—i'm pretty sure...i shouldn't be practicing medicine" she slightly slurred, whispering the last part.

"well, what are you doing here then?"