one

Falling down a fifty story building on a quiet afternoon was definitely not my idea, but maybe jumping off from the 135th Floor of the Tower of God would be in my bucket list

The harsh wind whistled in my ears, the sky slowly sinking in as I plummeted down to my possible death. Curse that damn shinsu swordsman and all his etceteras. He said training today would be fun... oh. I get it. It's fun for him to see me try and fail miserably.

Gritting my teeth with frustration, I stretched my limbs to slow down the fall. Think, think, what does he want me to do?

It was getting hard to breathe, with all the gushes of wind piercing my entire body. I couldn't just recollect myself by taking deep breaths for concentration.

Ninety feet, eighty— Maybe it was time to go KER-SPLAT.

Now isn't time to panic, focus Variiya. I closed my eyes tight to straighten out my thoughts. Your shinsu quality is the wind, isn't it? Why not make use of that?

Seventy feet, sixty—

I clenched my hands to fists to steady the winds as if I were taking the reigns of a horse. Shinsu seemingly wrapped my body; I felt like I was gradually descending.

Fifty feet, forty—

Yes, I think I got this. I didn't need to gasp for air; my head stopped spinning as well as my body.

Thirty, fifteen—

Nope, never mind. I can't do it.

As soon as I broke my trance, my body flailed, falling to the ground faster than ever.

"Shit!" I screamed as I summoned my Arms Inventory in haste. I grabbed my rapier, Lambent Light, and stabbed it deep in the building's brick walls. The blade clawed down, destroying the cemented blocks as I slowed down my fall.

Dust and debris littered on the rocky floor. I coughed and heaved a breath, clutching my heart as my ears kept on ringing.

Just then, Paxley just dropped down to the ground without a sweat, an exasperated expression on his face.

The swordsman sighed. "Variiya, I believe the exercise aimed to develop your shinsu skills." He pinched the bridge of his nose. "I appreciate your quick but mediocre thinking, but come on!"

I grumbled and sat down on a broken chunk of the sidewalk. "You know you didn't have to push me off suddenly. A warning would've been nice."

He clicked his tongue and approached me. "You have a knack for overthinking nowadays. Besides, I noted you work better under pressure."

I made a face. "I'm always open to learning things level by level. If it's something complex, why not baby steps?"

Paxley sighed, his purple scarf waving in the breeze as he stood by me. "You're getting too comfortable, and I need to push you out of your safe zone, Variiya. Didn't you tell me your team aims to join the Workshop Battle on the 30th Floor?"