"Either you tell me why you need my help, or I walk out of this office and pretend like this never happened. I don't like delays, especially when my talents can be used elsewhere." Evelyn added as she sat back in her chair.

"Fair enough." The man huffed, and Evelyn flashed him a pleased smile. "A week ago something of mine, something of high value and importance, was stolen from me. I want it back."

"So you want me to steal it back for you." Evelyn thought aloud, and Rufus nodded. "I'll do it, but it won't come cheap."

"I understand." Rufus scribbled something down on a sticky note he had lying around. Evelyn rose a bit in her chair to try and sneak a peek at what he was writing down, but even then she couldn't make out the small writing. Rufus gently placed the note at the edge of the desk in front of her. "That should be more than enough." She slowly took the sticky note and studied it. Evelyn inhaled a sharp breath. Man, that were a lot of zeros behind that one.

"And what exactly am I supposed to get?" She asked as she crumbled up the sticky note. It was now useless to her for she already had it burned into her memory. But she slipped into her back pocket in case he tried to con her out of what he was offering when the job was done.

"It's an antique wooden box outlined in gold with a golden key lock,. You can't miss it." The man replied.

"All this trouble for a wooden box?" She asked him with a snort. Hey, she guessed she couldn't complain, since this meant it'll be easy money. Besides, everyone had their own share of sentimental keepsakes. So, who was she to judge?

"Not just the box, but the secrets inside. Secrets that may be best if it was kept buried." Evelyn saw the way his whole persona had changed in that moment. The way he smiled—almost wickedly as the sun rays seeping through closed curtains casted shadows on one side of his face. The other side of his face was barely visible.

Evelyn stood to her feet. She studied him silently for a brief moment. The man quietly awaited for her to speak, or at least acknowledge that she understood what he needed her to do. "Alright." She told him confidently then left for the door.

"Wait!" The old man shouted and she stopped. "Don't you want to know who took it? I feel like you need this information. How else are you supposed to steal it back?"

"I mean, if you want to tell me you can, but I have connections who can tell me what I need to know." Evelyn said blandly. Her back was facing him.

"His name is Leonard Snart." Rufus told her. She noticed the way his voice had shaken.

Evelyn laughed loudly. "Leonard Snart? Am I supposed to care about him?" She asked him sarcastically. She was amused about how a man with a ridiculous name like Leonard Snart evoked such an intense amount of fear out of a crime boss. 

"Wait, you don't know who's Leonard Snart?" Rufus asked her shocked. Evelyn shook her head no with a bored expression on her porcelain face.

"A-list criminal? A scary genius who memorizes every little details of heists? One of the worlds greatest thieves?" He listed with a raised brow, and she just stared at him with a blank expressions. "Lewis Snart's boy?"

"Look, I don't care about this Leonard Snart or who he is. I'm just going to do my job and collect the profit." She declared then walked out of Rufus's office.

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

Evelyn was surprised by how easy is it was for her to sneak into his hideout. For a supposed A-list criminal with a bunch of lackeys who cater to his every demand, she thought he would have them patrolling the area for this very kind of situation. It shouldn't have been that easy. She came to the conclusion that he wasn't so top dog like they claim, or he wanted people to believe he was sloppy. She chose the latter.