Tre shook his head. "I'll be good", he said.

"You don't know that", Nicole said. "You didn't even know I saw you until you did it"

Tre looked down.

Nicole starred at him.

"What about Elijah?", Tre asked. "You hear from him?"

"...I blocked him. Kinda nervous to go back", Nicole said.

"Your dad isn't going to do anything about it?", Tre asked.

"If you mean, act a fool? No. He's calmed down a lot compared to the stories my mom told me", Nicole said. "He's going to handle this the right way"

Tre looked at Nicole.

"I just hope everything is okay", Nicole said.

Tre nods.

Nicole looked at him for a moment then kissed his cheek.

Tre looked at her in a bit of shock.

"Even though it was stupid...thank you for trying to defend me", she said. "...even if it was the wrong way"

Tre looked away.

"Get some rest", she said as she stood up.

Tre grabbed her hand. "Can you stay down here with me?", he asked.

"I don't know how my dad would feel about me sleeping on the couch with you. I'm actually surprised you're even in here", she said.

"....because he didn't want me to end of like Kobi. I guess he still has these  regrets that he couldn't save him", he said.

Nicole was quiet as she looked down and thought about Kobi.

"But I wasn't talking about to sleep. I meant to talk", Tre said. "I can barely sleep and when I do I just think about that"

Nicole looked at him.

"I know you're tough and you wanna be tough but I also know that under that is a sensitive girl who knows how to cheer me up", Tre said. "Come on please"

Nicole stood there for a moment then sat back down. "Well, I suppose. It's not like I've been getting much sleep lately either"

"So I guess we both need to talk about our problems", Tre  said.

Nicole looked down and shook her head. "I'm just nervous to go back", Nicole said. "I don't know what he'll do"

"Well, as long as I'm with you...nothing", Tre said.

"Oh so you think you're mister big and bad now?", Nicole asked.

"No...I just think that I'll do anything to keep you protected", Tre said.

Nicole didn't say anything.

"...before me and you dated and you got raped and you told me everything that had happened, I felt weak. You were depressed and I didn't do anything about it. Instead, Kobi did and I feel like it should've been me", Tre said.

"You don't think I would've felt that same hurt I felt when Kobi died, if it was my own boyfriend?", Nicole asked. "No thank you"

Tre looked away. "...why can't we be together? I made things right with you. I mean, yea I did something stupid but what does that have to do with me and you as a couple?", Tre asked.

Nicole didn't say anything.

"Even if something does happen...I just wanna spend my last with you and KJ", Tre said.

Nicole begins to nod.

"Is that nod for an agreement or you just thinking about it?", he asked.

"Thinking...but leaning towards a yes", she said.

Tre smiled a little.

"But I'm thinking", she said

Tre put his arm around her shoulder and Nicole laid her head on his shoulder.

"I think you're the only person, I gave the most second chances to. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing", Nicole said.

"It'll be a good thing if you let me back into your life because I'll be the best man I can be to you", Tre said. "Without a doubt... we can just start over"

Nicole smiles a little then gets sad. "I just wanna handle the Elijah situation first", she said.

"And we will. Together", Tre said.

Nicole put her arms around him tight and Tre ran his hands through her hair.

TO BE CONTINUED...