Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

The week went by uneventful except for the teasing and abuse but that's normal. I grabbed a hairbrush and walked into the bathroom. Changing out of my long cotton nightgown into a more Romanian everyday dress. I don't mean to be jealous or envious but I wish I was Bella, she gets silks from China and velvet while I'm stuck with cotton and hand me downs.

I brushed my long brown hair and platting it, even while platted it still goes down to my waist. I looked at my eyes. The red eyes that have caused me so much pain, being hunted, abused, accused. I wish I could change them forever. I stopped brushing my hair when I heard Rome come in "get out if you're only brushing your hair. It's not like you have a reflection" he said grabbing my clothes and placing them in my arms, ushering me out.

I was walking back to my room when I was aggressively pushed against a brick wall "haha!" Lovino laughed as I started losing consciousness. I could feel blood drip down my head as I picked up my things and ran to my room. When I got there I put my things in the hamper and fell to the floor unconscious.

I woke up with china at my side, tending to my wound. Rome was behind him glaring at me. I knew he had a thing for China and he said he would kill me, firstly for ruining his love life and secondly for being a disgrace to nature and bringing shame on this family.

"How'd you trip? seeing as your awake you could try and recall, Aru." He said, placing a cold cloth on my head "I tripped" I simply answered "then how'd you get a bruise on you back?" He asked again, this time sceptical of my previous answer. "I was outside last night and a bat flew into me," I once more answered casually. He raised an eyebrow and looked at Rome who just shrugged.

I got out of the bed with the help of China and went back to my room. I was then met with the whole gang "did you say anything you shouldn't have?" Spain asked. His eye glistening in the candlelight.

"No... I said I fell and the bruise was a bat"

"HA! A bat! Did he believe you?" Portugal deadpanned

"Yes, he did" I answered

They all left and Feliciano gave me a hug "thank you" he said before kissing my cheek and leaving. I smiled at the small sign of affection. Even though it's mostly abuse. Feliciano still shows affection and not hatred, that's what I like about him. 'That poor sod, really oblivious too' I thought to myself.

'I suppose I've been out cold all day, huh.' I said looking up at the night sky. I saw a shooting star and was mesmerised by its beauty. I sat there watching it as a yellow trail followed it as it continued its path.

I fell asleep with the affection and shooting star keeping me happy.