“What I want to say won't take long so there is absolutely no need to make yourself comfortable”

Rude.

“Where are the monthly budget reports for the Marketing department I asked you to have by my desk last week Friday?”, his tone was harsh and demanding

“I'm still working on them”, I watched as he tiredly exhaled silently before I could even finish my sentence, pinching the bridge of his nose with his eyes shut before raising his head to look at me again

This was when he was pissed, Stage 1.
Apparently there were three stages. I only got to see Stage 2 a few months ago when I mixed up presentation dates and I had to reschedule important meetings he specifically cleared his schedule for.

Boy was he mad. I even got to see how he looks like when the veins on his face begin to throb at each breath he took, his face red as a ripe tomato. I was legit convinced I was FIRE to the D....but luckily I wasn't. Hence, I'm still here.

“Can you see to it that I have it on my table before the end of business today?”

“I'll definitely see to it”, I did that nodding with the face thing, and he clenched his jaw, I was clearly provoking him in some way because he hated being nodded at. The first time I nodded at him, he made sure I live to regret it as he told me countless times that if I was going to make it in this industry, I need to learn to use my words clearly.

“How far is your team on the Demeanour's ad campaign?”

“You'll be pleased to know that we're pitching our ideas to the executives later on this afternoon”, I noticed he was looking at me in a nonchalant manner. “You can come sit in if you're not too busy, the meeting is around three”

“I have another meeting scheduled around that time”, he started paging through a file. “Do us all a favor and actually be on time for this meeting”

It sounded almost like a question and I nearly nodded my head before remembering who I was talking to

“Certainly sir”, I smiled politely before starting to walk backwards in attempts to leave

“Ms. Davis?”, I heard him call my name and I stopped mid-track from turning my back from him

“Yes sir?”

“It's in our best interests that we get this Demeanour account because it could really change things for us around here”, he fixed his eyes on me. “Just make sure you don't screw this up”

“I'll try my best not to”

“You do that”, he gave a quick wave of the hand, dismissing me and I dragged myself out of his office, carefully closing the door behind me before walking to my own office, finding Anna sitting on my table eating her morning donuts. She looked so radiant she was even glowing, you could swear I wasn't out partying with her last night.

“Are you even human?”, I took my glasses off to see if my eyes were not deceiving me. “Why do you look like you're not suffering from a hangover?”

“I can handle my alcohol”, she said confidently as she flicked her bouncy, curly ginger hair before crossing her legs

“What drug are you on?”, I cupped her face in my hands, admiring her beauty and she laughed. “Is it even normal to look this ravishing so early in the morning?”

“You know I love you right?”, she inquired, and I nodded my head. “But you're really not my type”, she smirked, and I narrowed my eyes at her.

“I can see that your mouth is the only part of your body that's hangover”, I teased, and she playfully pushed me from her and we laughed

“So, I heard you were called into the office this morning”, she air quoted 'office' as I plobbed down my chair