Ch.4 Alleyway trouble

Start from the beginning

"Puff, you're testing my patience.", Edge twitched and started to step forward,"I swear to whatever merciful god there is, if you don't come here I will drag you by the neck! Have you lost your mind?!", His voice further broke the silence around them,"You need these pills. They're legally required for a reason."

"No! I'm not going back there! I'm not going to take them! I have been hiding behind an artificial happiness pill for most of my life. I feel more emotional without them then ever before. "

"There is no reason why you should feel other emotions. Sadness makes you miserable and anger just makes you act out irrationally!"

"No! I'm not taking them anymore! I've felt actual happiness and it's much sweeter then what anyone else can ever experience! Being upset is natural to grow up with and so relieving afterwards, how can anyone else live without these emotions?"

"Enough!", Edge puts away his baton, taking out handcuffs instead,"You're lucky I just took my pills. I'm at the 'height' of my joy pills. I'm willing to be a little merciful but you're not fully out of punishment." He stepped forward. Tap tap tap the heel of his boots clicked against the concrete.

Puff whined backing away. He looked towards the park before dashing away. He needed to get far from here. Get away from this cop.

Edge was in shock for a moment. He had to admit... Puff was bold. But that boldness might get him hurt.

"Three...", Edge mumbled to himself, looking toward where Puff ran.

"Two...", He shifted.

"One.", He popped his knuckles, and quickly followed Puff. Here we go chasing after him once again.

Puff ran through the park, cutting across the grass. He was making a beeline towards the back of the park. To hop over the fence and go from there.

A quick glance over his shoulder made Puff's heart drop for a moment. Edge was quickly gaining on Puff. He could easily tackle Puff to the floor if he catches up at this rate. He continued to push himself, to keep running and to not stop.

Running through a playground, ducking under monkey bars and passing the swings. Edge followed almost catching up to Puff. He reached out, grabbing the back of Puff's shirt collar.

"Got you!", He yanked the downer back and took out his cuffs. One of Puff's wrists was cuffed. Edge reached for the other wrist.

Puff struggled and thrashed," hands off! ", With puffs free arm he pulled back, using his elbow and striking Edges abdomen. The officer gasped letting go of Puff's cuffs to hold himself. He growled, when he recovered puff was already running up the stairs, going up the playground platform.

"Enough playing games with me, Puffball!", He followed going up the stairs and onto the platform. He held onto the railing, steadying himself. The hit knocked the wind out of him.

The more Puff ran, the more he knew it was going to be worse in the end. And yet... He can't give up now.

"I can't come with you. No matter what I won't be going back on that treatment!", Backing up, Puff looked over at the slide. He was weighing his options on how to get away.

He can go down the slide, but Edge might have the chance to go down the stairs and catch him there. He could run past Edge and push him. However he risks getting caught. He already has one cuff on his wrists. All Edge needs to do is cuff his other wrist or to a pole. Then it's over.

"You're delusional. Puff... You're suffering from a withdrawal. Just like before. You're just panicking. Once you're on treatment, you'll feel much better and all of this will be a bad memory.", Inching closer, Edge slowly reached out. His eyes flickering from the cuffs to Puff.