Chapter 2: Little Yellow Dress

Y/N POV
—————————————————————————
"Father can I come with you to work today?" I asked during breakfast. My father nodded, "Of course." I decided going on a carriage ride would give me a chance to speak to Derrick. My father went up to his home office to get some paperwork and and I went and got my sketchbook. Sketchbooks were a fairly recent invention but I always had a fascination with art and I had already almost filled my sketchbook up. I went outside to the carriage that was waiting. Derrick hopped off the dickey box and came up to me. "Good morning Ms. Washington. I love your dress."

"Thank you Derrick

"Thank you Derrick. This is one of my favorites. Besides my F/C one." Derrick smiled, "You look really good in it Ms. Washington." I smiled back, "You can call me Y/N Derrick." He nodded, "Let me help you into the carriage Y/N." He took me by the hand and helped me inside the carriage. "Such a gentleman." Derrick blushed. "So... Y/N would you like to do something tonight? Maybe ride around on the carriage." Derrick was really cute when he blushed. "That would be nice." Derrick's face light up. "Oh my god. I can't believe you said yes. This is going to be the best night ever." I giggled at Derrick's excitement. My dad came out with some paperwork. "Good morning Derrick." "Good morning Mr. Washington!" Derrick said excitedly. "Are you ready to leave?" He asked. "Yes!" My dad answered. Soon we arrived at a large building that was designated for the President and the members  of the cabinet, as well as a few others. Some people were walking on the street when we pulled up to the building. They were all looking at me. I got a bunch of greetings, and I just responded with a smile and wave. As I stepped out I heard all types of comments. "She's so pretty." "I love her dress." "I wish I could marry her." There were some unsavory comments as well but I learned to block those out. I followed my father to his office. Inside was Alexander Hamilton. "Good morning Alex." I said with a smile. Alex was like an older brother to me. My other siblings either died when I was young or died before I was even born. Even thought Alex was much older than me I always considered him a brother, and I knew my father considered him a son. "Good morning Y/N. Good morning sir." Alex said to me and my dad. I sat on the couch in the corner of the room and began to sketch a picture. My father and Alex were talking about something that had a relation to politics. I wasn't interested. Soon they both left the room. I was alone but that was ok, I was concentrating on my sketch.

Jefferson POV
—————————————————————————
I walked towards George's office. As I walked I thought about Y/N. I had spent all of last night thinking about her. I had to think of a way to be able to spend more time with her. I knocked on the door but there was no answer. I assumed it was empty, but walked in there anyway. I figured I could wait for George to get to the office. When I came in I saw Y/N sitting on the couch with a sketchbook. "Good mornin' darlin'." I said in a charming way, but Y/N seemed unfazed. "Good morning Mr. Jefferson." I loved the way she said my name. "Where's your father?" I asked as I sat in one of the chairs near George's desk. "I'm not sure, he left with Alex a couple minutes ago." I rolled my eyes, "He's with that piece of shit?" Y/N cut me a glance. "Watch how you speak about Alex around me Mr. Jefferson." She said sharply. "Why should I? It's true." Y/N shook her head. "No it's not." We sat in silence for a couple seconds. There was some tension in the air, but I couldn't tell if it was sexual or anger. "Your a very beautiful girl Y/N." I said, "and you look amazing in that little yellow dress." Y/N put her sketchbook down. "Mr. Jefferson can you not talk to me in such a condescending tone? I am a young lady and deserves to be treated as one. Not like a child." Y/N seemed a little peeved, but I liked her attitude. "I can see your not a child. In more ways than one. And I didn't mean to treat you as one." My eyes darted to her chest, you could see just enough cleavage to make you want to see more. Y/N threw her arms over her chest. "Your digusting." Y/N scoffed. I got up and walked over to where Y/N was sitting. "I'm just appreciating your beauty." I said as I got closer to Y/N's face. She smelled really good, and he lips looked very soft. I grabbed her chin and pulled her face closer to mine. Y/N's eyes were glossy, she looked scared but curious at the same time. I lingered, but kept her face close to mine. Then I let go. "Sorry I don't know what got into me. I forgot your still a child." Y/N looked very upset, "I am not a child! I just said that." Y/N said angrily. I patted her head, "Shhhh little one. You sound cranky, you should take a nap."

Y/N POV
—————————————————————————
Thomas took his hand off my head and went to the door. "I'll be back later to talk to your father." He smirked and left the room. That man is so aggravating. I am an 18 year old young woman and he has the audacity to call me a child. But not before he has a chance to tease me, and almost kiss me. The worse part is that as much as I hate to admit it to myself... I actually kind of wanted him to kiss me. I hate myself for even having those thoughts. The problem wasn't the age gap, it is common for women my age to marry men much older than them, but Thomas knows how to mess with people. He knew what he was doing, and he knew I wouldn't try and stop him if he did kiss me. He knows that he can because he knows I won't do anything. If it happened again and he did kiss me... I wouldn't say no. Now I was very upset, I wanted to hit something. My father and Alex came back and finished discussing politics. "Alex will you walk with me?" I asked Alex. I had to vent to someone. "Of course Y/N." Me and Alex went outside. "Is there something wrong Y/N?" Alex asked me. "As a matter of fact there is. That bastard Jefferson is the most entitled, arrogant, man-child I've ever met in my life!" I said bitterly. Alex laughed, "Wow Y/N. I've never heard you use the word 'bastard'. But yes Jefferson is a bastard. You want to know what he did yesterday?" I nodded. Alex proceeded to tell me about the first cabinet meeting and how Jefferson basically had told Alex his financial plan was shit. "That's very rude." I said after Alex finished his story. "I know." Alex responded. I wanted to complain to Alex about how Thomas almost kissed me but I thought he might freak out and tell my father. So I said, "Well I'm sure you have a lot of work to get back to. You should go back to your office." At this point we had walked all the way around the building. "This was a nice talk Y/N." Alex kissed my hand and opened the door for me. We parted ways and I went back to my father's office. As the day drew to a close I remembered that I had an outing with Derrick tonight. That cheered me up a little bit.