✮ - 𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘰𝘵

Maybe I should've quit the league, this was something I didn't sign up for.

Is it me? Or is this place too big to be a agency?

I was not joking when I say that this building must have at least one hundred floors. How are the windows so sparkly clean? Fucking no idea. But it only made me more anxious. The possibilities of me fucking up big time was high. And I didn't look like I belong here.

But it was too late to call it quits. Even if I did, I'll end up in a beg, chopped up and tosses on the side of the street. Dabi couldn't even save me then.

Gathering all the courage I had, which was not a lot. I stopped shifting the weight of my body to one leg to the other, stopped fidgeting with my nails and walked straight to the door. Only to be face to face to the receptionist, who also looked like she didn't want to be there. Almost forced?

"Hey-"

"Name please. And what business do you have here?"

I scoffed at her attitude, "[N/N] [L/N]. Here as the new assistant for Hawks?"

Some more typing and clicking, before looking up at me and then back at the screen. She nodded, pointing to the side of the building without looking at me.

"All the way to the top."

"Thanks."

Glad to get out of her way of work, I rushed over to the elevators. Getting there just in time as one of its doors opened. I stepped in, pressing the button to the top floor. By this time, I haven't even noticed but I didn't feel so nervous anymore...

Humming a simple tune, I waited for the elevator to bring me up to my destination. It was so much faster than I thought it'll be. But maybe I should've paid more attention to where I was going, cause I ended up crashing, face first, into something.

Something that was neither hard nor soft?

"You good?"

Based on his voice, I could only assume that he was man. He patted my back and kept repeating the phrase 'sorry' like a broken record. The more he talked the worst it got. Probably worst than the sound of nails on a chalk board. But I doubt anything could beat that.

"Whatever, I'm fine-" Eyes widening at the sight of the most gorgeous vermilion pair of wings of all time. All the feathers were nicely kept, cleaned, washed, it looked fluffy. "Hawks?" I squeaked out in surprise. Not all that excited to meet him so soon.

"Why not take picture? You could hang me up on your wall and stare at this handsome face all day?"

Immediately all thoughts of him being a nice, tolerable guy went straight down the drain, into the trash can, down a river, in a fire place? Whatever you call it. But  whatever he said made me look at him with a puzzled look. Judging him his entire existance. But that man was basically a open book, nothing interesting to remember.

"You're dreaming." I replied, rolling my ankle, which was sore from wearing my newly brought boots/heels my brother had brought me. "I'm not some crazy fan girl."

"Really?" He looked too proud of himself, "I guess I'm not getting a down bad assistant."

"You were wishing for one?"