𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

Start from the beginning

"I'll ask again..." Leonard drawled coldly. He looked away from her and faced his father. "What did you do to her?"

"I don't know why you're acting so surprised? You should have known I would have to keep her here without her struggling some how." Lewis responded with a nonchalant shrug. It blew Leonard's mind how composed he was with the fact that he had kidnapped and continuously injected a woman with substances that shouldn't be in her body.

"That wasn't a part of our agreement. You said that you would keep her here unharmed then let her go as long as I hear you out." Leonard snarled at the man he refused to call father. He glanced back Evelyn. She looked so broken. His heart hurt at the sight of her all drugged up.

"Well, sometimes life doesn't go as we planned. Sometimes, we can't always get what we want." Lewis told Leonard, and Leonard glared at him. "But since you came, I'm going to keep what was left of my word and allow her to be let go."

Leonard shook his head disappointedly then went back to attending to Evelyn. "Come on." He told her softly as he helped her back to her feet. He held her up by one of her arms momentarily before going to stand beside her. He took that same arm put it around his shoulders. He took quick but cautious steps, but he'd stop to make sure she was good before continuing forward again.

Three built men appeared out of the blue blocking the exit with their muscular frames. Leonard sighed with an amused smile lingering on his face. "You've got to be kidding me." He drawled then turned to Lewis. "Is there a problem?"

"I said she could go, I never said you could." Lewis began, and Leonard wanted beat some common sense into him so badly. It didn't make any sense to Leonard whatsoever. How did he expect Evelyn to get out on her own if she couldn't even walk? Leonard was now sure that he had to have gotten his intelligence from his mother.

"Well, that's too bad." Leonard told his father with a smirk. "Move." He then demanded the men.

"That wasn't what we agreed to Lenny. I said I'd let her go, and you'd have to stay and hear me out." Lewis told him strongly. He was tried to keep his temper in check. It was always a problem of his.

Leonard smirked. "Well, sometimes life doesn't go as we planned. Sometimes, we can't always get what we want." He echoed his father's previous statement mockingly and Lewis growled.

"Do you really have to be so difficult son? I swear, you and Evelyn were made for each other." Lewis remarked. He was annoyed with his son uncooperative nature.

"Fine." Leonard huffed. "Start talking, I'll listen. But let's make this quick since I have a drugged girl who really needs some rest clinging to my side." Leonard glared at the men discretely. The men eventually stepped away from the warehouse doors when they realized he wasn't attempting to flee.

"I like to think that you and I would make a great team Leonard-"

"I already have a partner so I'm not really on the market for a new one. He also doesn't like sharing. He's a bit of hothead." Leonard replied sarcastically, and Lewis huffed at his interruption.

Lewis carried on anyway as if he weren't interrupted. "I've had my mind set on swiping some valuable items. Items that aren't known to the world. Items related to those Meta freaks. I happened to know someone who's been on the market for tech that restricts meta capabilities, and she's willing to pay good. Very good."