Chapter 2

Joe's POV:

We were already 15 minutes late. Matthew was going to kill us. We were meeting the girl who will play Mitchie Torres today. We were still in the limbo.

"I told you we should have left a half hour earlier!"

"Chill down, Nick. They can't start without us." I said. Putting my hands on his shoulders.

"I don't think being late is a really good first impression." Kevin chimed in.

"We'll be there in five minutes. We're fine." I said.

When we got to the place, Kevin was standing in front of the doors, "What took you guys so long? You're 20 minutes late."

"Sorry, Kevin, we lost track of time." I said, opening the doors.

When we got to the third floor and I decided to go to the bathroom to wash my face. I'll admit. I was a little nervous, but only because it was a girl that I was meeting today. Not to mention, we were supposed to be "love interests."

I came into the room a few minutes later, "Finally. Joe, this is Demi Lovato, she'll be playing Mitchie Torres." Mathew, the director, introduced us.

I stretched out my hand, "It's nice to see you again, Demi."

"You remember me?" She asked me. There was a light in her eyes. I nodded my head.

"You guys already know each other?" A girl with blonde hair asked.

"Yeah, I auditioned for a part in Jonas, and met him there." She answered.

As the meeting went on, we discussed a lot of the scripts, the reheasals, the choreography, and then finally, singing.

"So, Demi, would you be able to sing something with Joe? It won't take long, we just need to make sure that your voices sound good together." She nodded her head.

"What song?" I asked.

"Demi, have you rehearsed This is Me at home?" Mathew asked.

"Yes."

"Joe, do you know the chorus?" He turned towards me.

"Yeah." Demi and I stood up and met in the front so we could be closer together.

This is real

This is me

I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be now

Gonna let the light shine on me

Now I found who I am

There's no way to hold it in

No more hiding who I wanna be

Yeah

This is me

I started singing the chorus to this other song that would be in the movie.

You're the missing piece I need

The song inside of me

This is me

You're the voice I hear inside my head

Yeah

The reason that I'm singing

We went back to the original chorus and sang together.

Now I found who I am

There's no way to hold it in

No more hiding who I wanna be

This is me

We finished and she gave me a huge smile. I smiled back. I couldn't help it, her smile was contagious. We turned to face back towards everyone else. They all stared at us with their mouths agape.

"Did you guys rehearse that?" The blonde girl, who I found out was Meaghan, asked. We both shook our heads no.

"That was incredible! I'm definitely writing that into the movie!" Kevin, the producer, exclaimed as he opened his notebook and started writing.

After the meeting was over, I found Demi, "Hey. You were amazing in there. You have a great voice." I said.

"Thank you." She blushed, "You were pretty good too...going intot that other chorus."

"Thanks. So I'll see you next Monday."

"Yep. Can't wait. This is my first big movie." She smiled again.

"Mine too. I'm sure it'll be fun." And with that, we went our separate ways.