𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

"It's still not enough." Barry sighed as he walked over to Wells with Cisco by his side.

Wells turned himself in his wheelchair to look up at Barry who now stood in front of him. "It will be." He assured Barry confidently not just in his beliefs, but in Barry and his abilities and his potential that only increased as the days went by. "You keep working like you are, stay focused like you are, and you will be ready the next time your man in the yellow suit comes around."

"I think you mean... the Reverse Flash..." Cisco said very proud in himself for coming up with Barry's main foe's alias. They all gave him a look while Evelyn giggled to herself. "What? He said it not me, and he's right. Yellow suit, red lighting, and evil. The reverse of Barry."

"Meh." Caitlin said with a shrug earning a look of disapproval from her best friend.

"Actually, I kind of like it." Wells replied. Evelyn studied him briefly, but still couldn't find anything that proves her theory. Her theory that Wells couldn't be trusted. Evelyn still stood by her gut feeling from the day she was really introduced to the doctor at S. T. A. R. Labs. There was just something off about him. The way he was so obsessed with Barry reaching his full potential. Barry wanted to push himself made sense in every way. It was a little nerve wrecking as a friend and outside observer, but it still made sense nonetheless. But Wells obsession, it didn't make sense, at least not to Evelyn.

"Alright, I'm still ready for another round." Barry said while he walked back out onto the field. "How many more drones do you have left?"

"Two, and they've got lasers." Cisco said excitedly.

"No." Evelyn, Caitlin, and Wells said in unison.

━━━━━━━★☾★☾★☾━━━━━━━

"Are you sure nothing's missing?" Joe asked the police officer.

"That's what the supervisor said. I can check again." The officer said.

"Hey! Sorry I'm late. I overslept." Evelyn told Barry as she ran up to him. Barry laughed to himself at the fact that the poor girl was out of breath.

"Yeah, I've heard that one before." Barry teased.

"Yeah, well, unlike you, it's the truth. And besides this is my second time being late this year. How many times have you been late this year alone?" Evelyn retorted with a smile.

"Ouch." Barry said with a laugh. "Okay, you win." Evelyn smirked.

"Wait a minute..." Evelyn said suddenly, and Barry gave her a confused look. She bent down to examine the debris that was scattered all over the floor. "Is this the door? But it's in pieces and..." Barry knelt down beside her while she picked up a shard in her gloved hand. "Barry, it's frozen..." they gave one another a knowing look.

"Bar. Eve." Joe called for them as he and Eddie headed their way.

"Well, the breakage indicates that the door somehow had zero viscoelasticity when it hit the ground." Barry said, and Joe looked at them like they grew another head.

"What does that mean to normal people?" Joe asked the two scientists.

"Right. Sorry. The steel shattered like glass." Evelyn summed up her partners words the best way she could so Joe and Eddie could understand.