𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Začít od začátku

"Today's been so tiring. I woke up with-" Barry's words faded out as Evelyn unintentionally tuned him out when something caught her attention from the moment they stepped foot in the store. Evelyn stood in front of the display case. The diamond necklace sprawled over the manikins neck twinkling from the sun rays.

"It'll look good on you." Barry said from behind her and Evelyn jumped. Barry contained his laughter to the best of his abilities. "I'm serious Eve, you should get it."

"Uh, no thanks." Evelyn said as she pointed to the price tag.

"Wow, that's a lot of zeros." Barry said with a chuckle of disbelief.

"That necklace costs more than my college tuition." Evelyn said with a laugh.

"It costs more than my car." He said, and Evelyn gave him a look. "If I owned a car, it'll be more money than my car." He rephrased his sentence with a smile.

"You should really get a car." Evelyn responded.

"Do you think I really need one?" Barry asked her. It was his way of reminding her that he's The Flash (as if she needed the reminder when he's been slowly taking over the media). Why get a car when you're the fastest man alive?

"I suppose not." Evelyn replied with a laugh. The pair wandered away from the display case and toward the man standing behind the register.

"How may I assist you?" The old man asked with a toothy grin.

"I'm here to pick up an order. It should be under Barry Allen." He told the man. He told them he'd check the storage and be back in a flash which made Evelyn and Barry smile to themselves.

"So what exactly are you picking up from a jewelry store?" Evelyn asked Barry curiously.

"Uh, I Uh-" Barry stuttered but the man soon came back with his order. He handed it to Barry, and Barry turned to show it to Evelyn. "This."

Evelyn took the ring from Barry. She examined it, and saw how it shined beautifully in the sun. "This is a beautiful ring, Barry. Who's it for?" Although she asked, she had a person in mind.

"It's Uh, it's Iris's Christmas present." He admitted with flushed cheeks. "It's an exact replica of her mother's ring. She lost it when we were kids."

Evelyn smiled at his words. Barry was honestly one of the most selfless person she had ever met. He had the biggest heart and that was one of the many things she loved about him. Iris is crazy and oblivious to not see how much he cared about her. "She's gonna love it, Barry."

After Barry had pay for the ring the two headed to Jitters. Barry released a shaky breath before he interrupted their comforting silence by his sudden revelation. "I'm gonna tell Iris I'm in love with her."

Evelyn did a complete double take. She wasn't expecting for Barry to ever say those words. He had been putting off his confession for years, and now he decided he was tired of waiting. What had changed in the past couples of weeks she had spent helping the Snart's? "What? Why the sudden change of heart?"

"I just can't afford to wait any longer. Life's too short." Barry answered nervously but there was a glimmer of excitement in his eyes.

"What about Eddie?" She asked.

"I don't know." He sighed. "I mean, I don't wanna mess up what they've got going on. Eddie's a nice guy, and I don't just expect her to drop him for me. Okay, this has absolutely nothing to do with me wanting her to return my feelings. I mean, don't get me wrong, I would love for her to feel as I do. It's just, I need to say it. Too much has been happening these past couple of weeks, and so much more is to come. I can't afford to put it off any longer. Okay, I have to tell her. For myself..."