𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Start bij het begin

"Alright, fair enough." Lewis said as he threw his hands up in mock surrender. He then gestured to the crowd. "Everyone, this is my son." He wore a fake proud smile. He put a hand on Leonard's shoulder and gave it a rough squeeze. This was his first mistake. Leonard without hesitation harshly yanked his hand off his shoulder.

"Don't act as if we're family." Leonard told his father through gritted teeth. Evelyn felt his body tighten up in anger. His iron grip was a dead giveaway.

"But we are family, Lenny." Lewis said with a smile. "Remember son, you can hate me all you'd like, but at the end of the day I'm still your father."

Leonard let out an empty chuckle. "You're not my father. You haven't done a damn thing to earn that title. As far as I'm concerned, fathers don't abuse their children." Leonard spat venomously. "You are nothing to me." Leonard added with a smirk.

"Then why are you wasting your time coming here just to pay your old man a little visit?" Lewis asked him smugly. He tried desperately to get under his son's skin. Lewis knew damn well that he affected Leonard. He found joy in the fact that no matter what, his son would never truly be happy because of him. He needed to have his children depend on him. It gave him a sense of purpose and a power he craved more than the unconditional love of family.

Every time Leonard found a tiny piece of happiness or solace, his mind would subconsciously always wander back to Lewis. Every single one of his father's many "lessons" would come flying back to haunt him. Every time he was told he was never good enough, or that no one would ever love him, that he wasn't worthy of it. He wasn't good enough for anybody.

Just those memories of Lewis, and it would go straight through Leonard's brain and right to his heart. He believed every word of it. Leonard would wreck everything that allowed him to feel anything that wasn't anger or despair. Lewis relished the idea that Leonard would always need him. Although, truly it was the other way around. Leonard had worked his way up to be known as the top dog in his line of work all on his own. He earned his respect and his reputation. His name would send even the bravest men running out of town. Lewis didn't have that. He didn't have the smarts, the loyalty of his crew nor the credibility. He still deeply needed his son.

Leonard took a couple of steps forward to the point where he towered over Lewis casting a harsh glare on his father. "I'm here to warn you." Leonard had begun. His voice was just as low as it was cold. "Stay the hell away from me. Stay the hell away from Lisa. I don't wanna join your little club of second rate criminals. Don't contact me or Lisa again. If you do..." he paused briefly before he powered up his cold gun. The room had fell silent. Evelyn took notice of all the heads that turned at Leonard and his father.

Leonard pressed the cold gun into Lewis's chest right where his heart rested within its cage. Lewis quickly glanced down at the gun then glanced back up at his son. "I will drive ice straight through your heart. I promise you, I will kill you."

Lewis didn't utter a word. He was too stunned. He strived to regroup his thoughts and searched for a new approach that would get his son on his side. Leonard decided not to wait around for his father's response. He had said all he had to say. "Let's go." He told Evelyn, and she nodded her head.

"Wait, Lenny! Son!" Lewis called after him as Snart strode toward the exit.

"I'm not interested." Leonard replied.

"Leo." Evelyn hummed softly as she stopped her movements suddenly. Leonard stopped and looked at her quizzically. Her eyes discretely pointed out the a abundant amount of men that had suddenly pulled out their weapons. Leonard sighed in annoyance. He should have saw this coming. Lewis couldn't get Leonard to stay, so he resorted to violence against his child. It was the only thing he was good at.