𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Start from the beginning

He scoffed. "Yeah, like that would happen." He avoided her question, but his previous response was all she needed to know that that was the last thing he wanted. To be remembered as a hero.

"Can you two shut up?" Mick yelled suddenly, making Evelyn jump in her seat. "Damn...my head is pounding...."

"Mick, do you need a snicker?" Evelyn asked him jokingly. She was purposely trying to piss him off. Before she had left this life behind, one of her favorite ways to pass time was to push Mick's buttons. It was very entertaining, and definitely worth it.

"Don't push me girlie!" Mick said as he jabbed a finger in her direction. His eyes never meet hers but instead they burned holes through his palm. Leonard rolled his eyes. His sight never left the windshield, but he took one hand off the wheel and begun to blindly search for something.

"Hey!" Mick yelled. He jumped up in his seat when he was smacked in the face with a water bottle. His face burned red with anger. "What the hell was that for?!"

"We're about to be there, so drink up. I need you sober." Leonard demanded strongly. Mick decided not to argue since he knew it was a fight he wouldn't win. He huffed then roughly took the cap off the bottle. Evelyn bit down on her bottom lip to refrain from laughing.

"So back to the plan then..." Evelyn said slowly hoping he would just tell her.

The car came to a slow stop in the back alley of The Garden. Leonard turned off the ignition then turned to Mick who was waiting for his boss to give him the green light. "Let her know we're here." He said to Mick.

Mick nodded. "Sure thing boss." He quickly got out of the car. His bulky built made the small car shake a bit as he hurried out.

Leonard turned to Evelyn. "You wanna know the plan?" He asked her teasingly with a smirk.

"Just shut up and tell me."

"The family who own The Garden also runs a black market. A black market that's built underneath The Garden." Evelyn was pretty shocked at this news. She remembered eating here once before. It was for Iris's twenty fifth birthday. Thinking back on it, it was actually pretty smart on their part to put it here. No one would have ever suspected a place like this one. The restaurant was very elegant and very expensive. She would never have guessed that the people who own it were criminals. But at the same time, she shouldn't be that surprised. Unfortunately, they were a lot of crooked people in Central City.

"I occasionally do business here, and I heard from a...friend...that they're doing an auction of weapons tonight. According to the emails and their guest list, my father is supposed to be here." Leonard added before getting out of the car. He soon opened the door for Evelyn, and she gave him a small smile.

Leonard held his arm out for her to take. "So are we simply observing or?" Evelyn asked as they walked arm in arm toward the basement doors. Apparently Mick was already inside casing the place out.

"I'm going to talk to my father." He said with a sigh, and Evelyn's head snapped in his direction. She had been expecting him to barge in, guns blazing, ready to kill him. After all that was what he originally claimed to do. She was happy, but she mainly was proud that he decided on a different route.

"I'm gonna tell him to stay out of me and Lisa's lives...for good."He added. She could see he was nervous, so she gave his arm a gentle and comforting squeeze.