𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

Start from the beginning

"Oh, so what's going on with you doesn't concern me, yet you have the nerve to make me lie for you?" Evelyn shot back. Leonard's harden expression faltered slightly, but he recovered so quickly that nobody could have noticed it. "What's going on? What does Lewis want from you?"

"Evelyn, stop. You're treading on thin ice." Leonard said harshly.

"You can carry on with this act with everyone else, but not with me." Evelyn said forcefully, and Leonard eyebrows raised. "This whole cold hearted bastard persona you've got going it's getting old." She elaborated.

"It's not an act." Leonard said with a smirk.

Evelyn scoffed. "That's bullshit, and we both know it."

"Go home, Evelyn."

"God! Why won't you let me help you!" Evelyn shouted.

"Because I don't need help! Especially, from someone who turned their back on me!" Leonard's voice carried throughout the room.

Evelyn's eyes widened in shock, but her shock soon formed into rage. "I turned my back on you?! You left me to get arrested, so don't you dare start talking about abandonment! I had your back for years! You were the one who betrayed me!"

Leonard didn't utter a word. He just stared at her. His face red with anger. Evelyn took this moment to calm herself down. She emitted a shaky breath. "Look, I didn't come here to yell at you. I came here as a friend. Okay? I care about you." Leonard's expression became unreadable. Evelyn knew he had put up his walls again, so she made sure to choose her next words wisely. "You gave me a family when I never had one. Please, just let me help you."

Leonard shoulders eased. "I'm warning you now, turn around, and forget this ever happened. If you get wrapped up in this, it'll be the end of you." He told her. It was not so much as a threat but as a warning. His father was ruthless. He destroyed anything Leonard cared about. It's was skill Lewis was so good at that he managed to accomplish it without even physically doing it himself. All he had to do was get inside Leonard's head, and he would do it for him.

"I don't care." Evelyn said headstrong. "I'm helping you with or without your blessing." Leonard's jaw locked and unlocked.

"Boss." Mick said. His voice reminded the two that he was still there. They both somehow got so caught up that they forgot that he was in the same room this whole time. "You should let her help. She was quite useful in the past." His words surprised Evelyn. She wasn't expecting for him to take her side on the matter. Yes, they were all friends once upon a time, but Mick never really cared for situations like this one. Whether Leonard let her stay or told her to leave, in the past, wouldn't have meant a damn thing to him. As long as the job was done and they didn't come out empty handed, he didn't give a damn about anything else.

"Don't think for one second, it's because I care about you." Mick told her once he noticed her surprised expression. "Lewis is putting a halt on my plans, and I want him gone. Which ever is the fastest way to get him out of the equation, I'm on board. That's the only reason I'm telling him to let you in."

"Aw Mick, I thought we were friends." Evelyn said sarcastically with a smirk. "What happened?"

"You became well acquainted with the pigs...that's what happened." Mick said with a smirk of his own. Evelyn simply smiled. She then sent him a wink to which earned a growl from Mick.

"Fine." Leonard said through gritted teeth, and Evelyn smiled genuinely. "But if you make so much as one mistake, you're out."

"Well, lucky for you I haven't forgotten my roots." She told him with raised eyebrows.

"Oh, trust me sweetheart, I know you haven't." Leonard said with a smirk. "Once a thief, always a thief. You can't outrun your past."

His words effected Evelyn more than she liked to admit. And what killed her more, is that she knew that Leonard knew that. Evelyn swallowed the lump in her throat. "So, care to fill me in?" She asked changing the subject.

"I will, but we have to make a deal first which shouldn't be too hard for you. After all, you're an expert at making deals." Leonard said, and Evelyn rolled her eyes at his jab at her deal with Joe.

"What's the terms?"

"What we speak about stays between us. No one in a scarlet spandex suit can know about anything that goes on here. Got it?" Evelyn gave him a tight lipped smile.

"Deal."

A/N:

Sorry for the short chapter. Also I apologize if this chapter sucked haha.