the one with the empath

"No one expects an
angel to set the
world on fire."

I HATED UMBRIDGE more than I hated Voldemort. So far she hasn't pulled any strings against me, but all her decrees were piling up slowly on the walls. She had been inspecting the classes with her ominous presence and she had been targeting teachers to send a message through to the students.

It was only a matter of time that she went to Professor Trelawney and sacked her, which would not really bother me, except that she'd been a teacher for longer than I've been alive.

Draco, for the past few weeks, hasn't been causing trouble to anyone. He had rebuked his old ways of taunting the weak every chance he got. He stayed mostly to himself and helped me make curriculums of practice spells for the Salazar's Army. He didn't even try to reprimand me for putting the charm on the door and on the parchment of names that petrified anyone who sneaked on any of us. He, actually, enjoyed the feeling or rebellion as he was expected to report on any breaking of the decrees, and he didn't do that.

"You know," he said sipping on some sort of greenish potion, "Umbridge asked me quite a few times if the Gryffindor's were upto anything regarding the twenty fourth decree. She's so blind she doesn't even think the Slytherins can do any such thing."

"What are you drinking?" I eyed the Potion. It looked like kale juice. Then again, Draco looked like someone who'd drink kale juice.

"Oh," he said, swirling the Potion a little more. "Nothing."

"What do you mean nothing?" I rolled my eyes. "I can literally see you drinking it."

"It's um-It's kale juice-"

"Really?" I made to grab the Potion. He snatched his hand back and held it over my reach. "I don't recall kale juices fuming-"

"You've never had kale juice-"

"Fair point but kale juices don't fume!"

"It's a wide-eye Potion, alright?" Draco snapped before lowering his hand. "Mixed with some -"

"Please tell me it's not-"

"Dragon claw powder."

"-Dragon claw power. Jesus Draco!"

He scratched his hair sheepishly and refused to look at me. It was a good thing we were alone in his room studying.

"It's barely November, the OWLs are like six months away-"

"I'm forgetting everything from first year!" he said. "We didn't have exams so I overlooked studying that year-"

"-in April, I expect to be given Dragon claw powder too-"

"What!" Draco looked at me. "It's a black market drug-"

"And you're taking it," I said. "I don't see why I shouldn't too. Is it real? Because a lot of people sell Doxy Dung Powder as Dragon claw powder Draco-"

"It's real," he muttered. "I got it from reliable sources."

"Then I expect some too," I smirked. "Now, Draco," I said. It might be a good idea to come clean to him about now. "The Gryffindor's also have a secret society. It's the same as Salazar's Army."

He stopped drinking his potion and looked at me blankly. "Are you a part of that too?"

"Yeah, I am."

He shrugged. "Well, then. I'm assuming there's nothing wrong with some healthy competition." He smiled. "What are y'all doing there?"

"Well, we've only had a few sessions yet, and mostly it was defensive spells."