Chapter 1: Just A Normal Day

Drake 

|. I was running, panicking and worried, sweat dripping from my face, why was it so hot I asked myself? Looking for her, the girl trapped under rubble, I don't know where or what from but I knew I had to save her. I had to be careful of the heat and flames, I had to direct other people to safety, but most importantly I had to get her.|

I woke, startled, to the sound of my alarm blaring down my right ear, events from my dream disappearing into my sub-conscious, I turned over to silence the blaring alarm, instead I may have broken the clock as my hand came smashing down, "Oh well" I said under my breath, still in a daze about my weird dream. I moved aside the soft, plush white duvet and pushed up from the bed with a groan, my body aching all over, this was when I remembered last night's wild adventures.  

My stag party.

I also remembered that today is my rehearsal dinner and if I am late for that Dani will kill me.

I decided on a shower to wash away the grogginess of last night and that terrible nightmare, as I walked to the bathroom, the fluffy carpet felt comfortable and furry under my feet, in the bathroom I was blinded by the bright autumn sunlight streaming in out of the bathroom blinds. That sunlight was soon accompanied by the hot, mint scented steam coming from my daily morning shower. 

After my shower I debated with myself over whether I should go into work today, but I just had this strange feeling like I was needed at the station today, I couldn't quite pinpoint the feeling but I think it may have something to do with my dream.  

I decided to go casual but smart with a checked shirt with my new jeans and a simple jacket, midstride to the kitchen I remembered the one thing I forgot yesterday after my morning shift. Milk. Just to check I walked over to the small, white fridge, opening the door confirmed my forgetfulness "Yep no milk", I said disappointedly, "Looks like Starbucks it is then" talking to myself. I grabbed my keys and wallet off of the counter and headed out of the door, outside my slick black BMW was waiting for me to get in and drive.  

The cold air had reached my car intertwining with the materials causing the black leather seats to freeze, sending a chill up my back as I sat down. I revved the engine and turned the heat on full, and then off I went. 

I love when the streets are empty, which doesn't happen very often in New York, it's just you and the open black, tarmac, road, until you reach 7:30am of course that's when the peace has been overtaken with cursing drivers and cheeky bikers thinking that they can go anywhere. Now everyone is going to work, just like normal, though my mind still kept going back to the dream I had last night I don't know if it was the alcohol or just the fact that I was tired but it was a pretty crazy dream, yet it was so realistic like I was on a job.