5. "You're just too cute"

"Who are you speaking with" Bobby asked Jisoo while sitting on Jennie's chair beside her.

"Hm? Nothing." She said, putting her phone down quickly, making Bobby suspicious. "Geunde Bobby-ah, you've been coming to school a lot more diligently than usual, aren't you?" Jisoo asked.

"Hm, well..." Bobby just shrugged at the question.

"Was it because of me?" Jisoo asked again, keeping her eyes looking straight on his.

"Eh?" Bobby averted his eyes and scratched the back of his head before finally looking back at her eyes "Am I not allowed to?"

"Well, I just don't want to be a burden to you." Jisoo said, looking down to her desk.

Bobby sighed as he heard that. "No, you're not. I'm doing it on my own will. Don't you remember what I told you?"

"What?"

"I do this because I like you." he said casually.

Bobby tried to hold his smile as he watched the latter widen her eyes before looking down with her flushed cheek.

"You didn't seem like you mean it when you say it back then" Jisoo muttered

Yes because that's true, I didn't mean it back then, but I mean it when I say it just now, Bobby thought. 

"What about now? Did I sound like I mean it just now?" Bobby asked again, having fun witnessing Jisoo blushed and flustered like that.

"Ah molla..." Jisoo said still avoiding Bobby's eyes, her hands finally found her english book on top of her desk and flipped it around to make her seem busy to avoid any more question from Bobby.

Bobby just laughed as he was satisfied looking Jisoo flustered. He thought that she was really cute when she averted her eyes from his just now. "Ahaha araseo I'm not gonna talk about it anymore then. Well I actually also couldn't skip school these days because our basketball team is having a competition coming up, so we've been practicing almost everyday."

"Ah..." Jisoo didn't want to admit it but she actually felt slightly disappointed knowing that she was not the reason Bobby haven't been skipping school these days. Not knowing what to say back, she just continue flipping through her book.

"Why are you studying english? We don't have any quiz coming up, do we?" Bobby asked after he peeked to the book she was flipping.

"Ah ne, they said Seoul National University take english proficiency into consideration, like from IELTS or TOEFL score." Jisoo said suddenly remembered what she was supposed to be doing if it's not because of the man beside her.

"Aren't your english score already on top of our school? You study too much, really." Bobby said as he leaned her head to the desk, just imagining how much Jisoo studies made him tired.

"No, I'm just good at answering questions, but my speaking skill is still really lacking, so I was actually practicing my pronunciation using an app on my phone earlier before you came." Jisoo explained.

"I see..." Bobby nodded and an idea came up in his head. "Did you know that I used to live in America?" Bobby asked, suddenly using english.

Jisoo stopped flipping her book and looked to Bobby. She was confused but it was so cute in Bobby's eyes that he forgot to think for a second there. He then realized that Jisoo couldn't make out what he just said, so he said it again in a slower pace.

"Did you know.... that I... used to live... in America?"

"Did you know that I used to live in America?" Jisoo repeated the question in korean as if asking Bobby if he got it right or not. Bobby nodded quickly, somehow proud of her for getting it right. "I didn't know. Really? You used to live in America?"

"What? I'm sorry I don't understand Korean, can you speak in english?" Bobby said using exaggerated gestures like some American people in a movie that Jisoo have watched.

"I can't do that..." Jisoo wailed and shifted back to her book again.

"Just say whatever you want to say, Jisoo-ya. You could say it really slowly. It's also okay to use broken english. It's best to learn from a native speaker, you know?" Bobby tried to encourage Jisoo.

What Bobby just said must've been convincing, because now Jisoo turned her head back towards Bobby and she looked like she's thinking of something to say.

"Don't judge me okay? I'm really bad" Jisoo warned him. Bobby only nodded at that. "You're also not allowed to laugh, okay?" Bobby nodded again.

"I... can't... I can't... speakeu... english..." Jisoo finally said in english, she was unconsciously lowering her head and her gaze as she think about the words, her eyes were so fixated on Jennie's tumblr on Bobby's right as she said the sentence slowly. "So pleaseu... don't... be funny."

"Okay I won't make fun of you. So.. let's talk about... hmm... Why do you study so much, Jisoo?" Bobby said slowly as if he's reading a textbook.

"Because I want to be a doctor. Mmm... and you? What do you... want to... be?" Her eyes were at Jennie's tumblr again and then back to Bobby's eyes soon as she managed to finish the sentences, as if asking if she did it right or not again.

"Hmm actually I still haven't figure it out, a pilot maybe? Why do you want to be a doctor Jisoo?"

"Because... mm... if my family sick... I..." Jisoo paused and shifted her eyes from Jennie's tumblr to Bobby as if asking for his help. Bobby is already smiling so widely after all the cuteness, but he didn't give any hint for her and just nodded slightly gesturing her to continue. "I... I want to... (in korean) heal, what is heal?... mmm... I want to... fix them...??" Jisoo finally finished her sentences and shifted her eyes at Bobby again.

This time Bobby couldn't handle the cuteness anymore so he laughed. The way she lowered her head, the way she averted her eyes, and even the right side of her mouth that is slightly turned upward whenever she tried to speak looked too cute in Bobby's eyes. "You're so cute I can't handle this!" Bobby said amidst his laugh.

Jisoo couldn't hear what Bobby just said, so she thought that she must've looked funny with her bad english. "Yaah, you promised me you won't laugh!" She said while giving a death stare towards Bobby who is still laughing.

Bobby's laugh turned into a tender smile before he cupped Jisoo's face "Ani... you're just too cute."

He retracted his hands as soon as he realized what he just did. The atmosphere turned awkward making the two looked around avoiding each other's eyes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

I think I'd just update as soon as I come up with anything to write even though it's really short like this. Is it okey? It's okey lah ya wkwk. BTW I come up with the idea because I think Jisoo looked SOOO CUUTTEE whenever she tried to speak english. And it's such a coincidence that Bobby is a native speaker kinda. What a match made in heaven aren't they?! :"))) my shipper hearteu.

I watch this video of Jisoo speaking english soo many times already