Chapter 11: Family Visit

"Yeah! Great job with those sit pirates guys!" Mao Mao Tanya and Adorabat high-fives as they came through the door after him, Badgerclops got a kiss on the cheek.

"I don't think I've had such a good fight in ages." Tanya said as she stretched out get arms. Everyone looked pretty proud of themselves for such a clean save of the Valley. It was even better now that Tanya had decided to stay as a deputy, but since they didn't have a high enough roof to add a bunk to the bed, they decided to let her stay in the attic.

"Hey Mao Mao, you never told us how the talk with your family went." Badgerclops spoke as he grabbed an ice cream bar from the freezer.

"Yeah how'd it go?" Adorabat was on the floor, coloring another picture.

"Well..." Mao Mao scratched at the back of his head, "When they asked why I wasn't coming home, I told them I had made a family in Pure Heart Valley and I was really happy here. They accepted that...but then..." Mao Mao stared down at his feet.

"Mao Mao," Badgerclops had finished his ice cream bar and now stood in front of the cat with his arms crossed, "What did they say?"

"Well..." Mao Mao's had his hands clasped together now, "They asked if I met someone...I got panicky and said no, but they didn't believe me...now they're coming to visit..."

"That's not bad." Tanya said from the couch.

"You guys haven't met my mom and sisters." Mao Mao brow was furrowed in a worried, "They may not have given me much attention, but they're very...protective." As if on que, there was a knock on the door. Everyone turned to see six figures outside the door.

"Hello?" called a feminine voice, "Does a small cat named Mao Mao live here?" The voice sounded amused, as if the owner already new her answer.

"You didn't say they were coming today!" Badgerclops spoke in a hushed whisper.

"I didn't know!" Mao Mao took a few cautious steps towards the door, putting a paw on the handle and opening the door slowly.

"Hi guys." Mao Mao gave a weak wave that sounded just like his voice.

"Mao Mao!" The sheriff was swept up buy a lean, black cat with a golden scarf, who twirled around twice with him, her scarf fluttering like wings, "Oh it's so good to see you!"

"G-good to see you too, Minori." Mao Mao's voice sounded a little more confident, he even smiled, even though his sister still held him tightly in her arms.

"Hey little brother!" A taller, and bulkier cat with iron armor and a golden spear strapped to her back came through the door next. Her voice was much deeper, but was still plenty feminine. She took her brother from her sister and gave him a bone crushing hug, which actually seemed to make Mao Mao's breathing difficult.

"Brunhilde," Mao Mao managed to weaze out, "I can't breath."

"Oh, sorry." Brunhilde set Mao Mao back on his feet, but it wasn't even a second before a cat just a hair shorter then Minori with golden braclets, white pupils, and an orange cape came up behind him and wrapped one arm around his neck, her other putting her knuckles on his head and started giving him a noogie.

"Well if it isn't the mighty sheriff!" The cat sounded and looked to be the youngest sister, but that didn't stop her from treating Mao Mao like most older siblings treat their younger siblings.

"Ow! Hey! Jade, stop! Ow!" Poor Mao Mao tried to break free from his sister, but her grip was to strong.

"Let him go, Jade." Said a cat in a purple kimono and golden hat. She held a certain serene presence as she came into the room. She was definitely one of the older then Jade, which was probably why she let Mao Mao go.