Part IV

1 message received: KUYA DREW =)

‘Meet me at Sunkiss Grill Tonight. 8pm. We’ll hang out with my other friends. =)’

I was dazed. We’ll hang out like a date with his friends? He will introduce me to his friends? But why? Does it mean that I am his date? Why do you want me to go Kuya Drew? Why me?  Does he like me too? Does he have feelings for me? Why me? I don’t want to assume but he is giving me reasons to think this way.

I shook my head. This cannot be. I don’t want to hurt myself by expecting too much. I will reply to his message. I’ll just say that I am not feeling well and I cannot go. If really want me to come, I will. But if it’s fine with him, I won’t. I’m still typing the words ‘I can’t come. I’m sic..” then I received another message from him.

From: KUYA DREW =)

‘Please come. I will wait baby girl. =)’

Then my heart hammered triple fast. I rolled in my bed while holding my phone placing t on my chest. I am so joyful! Is he asking me out on a date? Yes. This is a date. I need to look my best. I need to look pretty in his eyes and in the eyes of his friends. I wanted to be beautiful. I am Kuya Drew’s baby girl and I am beautiful.

To: KUYA DREW

Alright! Wait for me? Okay? See you! ^^

SENT!

Then I opened my cabinet, I‘ve tried everything but why am I not satisfied? This was really harder than I’ve thought.

Then I gave up, I am not pretty. Everything I wear, I am not as pretty as Ate Eowyn. I am not as pretty as Martha or any other girls in the campus. I’ve dialed Martha’s number. I hope she could help me out. I am already losing my hope and she is the only one who could understand how I am feeling.

“Hello? Kai? What’s up?”

“Amm, Martha, Drew and I will be hanging out with his friends at Sunkiss Grill at 8pm.” I sounded really sad that I am almost crying.

“Oh? Really? That sounds exciting! So what? Are you ready now? It’s almost 7pm!” As I told you, she is always excited about things.

“I am not yet ready.” I tried to be as calm as possible because I don’t want to break my tears. I know I sound really sad.

“Aren’t you excited? Why do you sound sad Kai?” now, Martha’s voice is worried.

“I can’t wear anything. I am a total mess. Why can’t I be as pretty as anyone? As you? Or as Ate Eowyn? It is like I can’t be beautiful with any clothes?” then I cried. I felt like I am a disappointment.

I know I am happy with how I look but every time I remember how pretty the others were, I can’t help but to wish that I am as pretty as them.

Then the call ended. Now, maybe Martha was pissed off. I know I should not be saying those things at her and I disturbed her. I just lay on my bed and cried. I’m planning not to go anymore. I’ll just send a message to Drew and tell him I can’t come. I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t mind. There are a lot of pretty girls out there that could be his date.

I think it was 7:30pm when I stopped crying.

Then I’ve heard my door opened.

“Hey Kaila Mari Aramonde! Don’t you ever think that way again!! I hate you thinking that you are not as pretty as me. Well, I know, I am pretty but you are as well. There are a lot of boys who wanted to be with you but what? You always reject them. Now, get up and try these.”