what does he have? (heathney)

I didn't know what to do.

Or what to say.

I mean, I always knew this was bound to happen. Hell, I even predicted Gwen's crush on him. But this wasn't how it was supposed to go. 

He was supposed to break her heart, so I could mend it. So I could show her that there were other people out there who understood her.

But nothing ever goes my way.

Instead, that lowlife criminal destroyed her. Obliterated her heart. Choose Gwen.

"What does she have that I don't?" Her face was wet with tears, her eyes sad and dull. All I wanted to do was take her pain away. Dust her off and kiss her bruises.

"Is there something wrong with me?" Of course not. You're perfect. "Men suck. That's what they do. It has nothing to do with you."

"I shouldn't have tried to change him. I shouldn't have made that stupid list in Action. It's all my fault." It's not your fault. You're too good for him. He doesn't deserve you."Don't say that. He's the one who cheated." 

Her lip quivered as she chose her next words. "I-I love him."  

How can you love someone who doesn't give a shit about you?

"Love?"

How can you love someone who has and will always chose someone else?

"I love him, Heather. Why do I still love him?"

How can you give everything to someone who gives you nothing in return?

"I don't know. I guess, I've never felt like that before."

Liar.

"God, why is it always her? Why does everyone love her?"

Why would he ever choose her over you?

"Courtney, you can't beat yourself up over this. A relationship is a two-way street."

And honesty is key.

"I can't do this anymore."

What are you talking about?

"What are you talking about?"

Oh.

"This game! I can't do it. I-I need to get out."

Don't go. Please, don't go.

"Do you hear yourself right now? You're about to leave a contest to win one million dollars for a boy? You've made it this far without him and I know that you can make it farther."

Don't give that dick the satisfaction. You deserve so much better.

"Why are you being so nice to me?"

Because you're the best part about this damned game.

"I-I need the Amazons to remain intact."

Liar. You're a fucking liar.

"Oh, um, yeah that makes sense. I don't want to, er, ruin everything for you guys. Uhm, thank you. For being there for me."

Always.

"No, it's nothing. You'd do the same for me."

It's not nothing. 

My eyes clamped shut as her parting footsteps echoed around in my head. She loves him. Even after everything she loves him.

Hot tears threatened to spill out, provoking me to furiously swipe at my face. She loves him. She will always love him.

What does he have that I don't?

...

ok this was really short and kinda trash (this was my first attempt at writing a heathney fanfic, so i'm practicing)

a bit of background info

this takes place during the elimination ceremony in the i see london episode. while team chris is really, really, really, really hot is having their elimination, team amazon is in first class.

and this is basically where heather is comforting courtney and all that. soo um i know this kinda sucks, bear with me lmao. 

and to everyone waiting on quarantined together part two, i promise it's coming. i just want to give it the same effort i gave to the first part

alrighty, im done