{Chapter Twenty}

{Chapter Twenty}

"The Return"

{Chicago PD: S3 Bonus & Criminal Minds: S9 Ep8}

A/N: Because of how long this turned out to be, chapter has been split into two, so enjoy part one and part two will be coming soon!

[Elena's POV]

The second the gun went off, Morgan pushed Savannah down so she wouldn't get caught in the line of fire while Jay and I quickly got up from our seats, the gun fired again and I got a good look at the shooter. He was the kid sitting on his own the other side of the diner.

"FBI put the gun down!" I yelled at the kid who was no older than sixteen from what I could see.

Without even blinking the kid fired again but towards Jay and me, I quickly fired two shots back at him, hitting him directly in the chest, in the corner of my eye, I saw Jay had collapsed.

"I got Jay, take Savannah and check the shooter," Morgan told me quickly, Savannah followed behind me as I moved towards the shooter, he was still alive but I knew it wouldn't be for long.

I reached for the radio strapped to my waist after kicking the gun away from the shooter so Savannah could try and save him, "This is Elena Smoak with Intelliegence, roll two ambulances to Betty's Diner block north of 21st district, I got an officer and offender down. Officer and offender down," I said quickly into my radio.

{}{}{}

"Elena," I turned away from the amublance and saw Hank walked towards me with Al beside him, "You hurt?" he asked,

I shook my head, "No, Jay got his side grazed by a bullet but he's fine," I explained, pointing back to Jay who was being stitched up in the ambo by Gabby and Brett, "The shooter died on scene, I put two in his chest," I added quietly.

"You did what you had to," Al said softly,

"The shooter, he was no more than sixteen, I sent a pic to Garcia and Mouse they're running his face through the system," I told the pair before looking back at Jay, he gave me a small nod, telling me he was alright, I sent him a comforting smile before leading Hank and Al into the diner that was now a crime scene, "I was in here about twenty minutes before the first shot," I pointed down at Leah's body which was still on the ground, 

"Kid then shot a teacher, Jay and I had our guns pulled by that time, we announced we were PD and FBI respectively and tried to get him to stand down but he just shot Jay, then I shot back," I pointed towards the bodies as I explained the situation, I shook my head and ran a hand through my hair in frustration.