Chapter 1 | No More

🌻Juliana's POV🌻

I walk through the doors of our townhouse unit, and I hear my parents fighting again. Great. I thought. I'm sick and tired of the constant fighting.
"Oh my God, can you guys shut up?!" I yelled. They both looked at me, shocked. I guess they didn't know I was home. They immediately stop fighting, but I saw them give each other dirty looks. "I'm tired of this bullshit. Don't you know how to get along anymore?" I cuss around my parents often. They're not very strict. Mom walked up to me and laid her hand on my shoulder.
"I'm sorry, sissy. You shouldn't have to listen to this." she said. Mom has called me "sissy" since I was born, pretty much. We heard the wall phone ring, and we both looked at my dad.
"Hello?" he answered. We heard a muffled voice on the other end, but couldn't determine whether it was a male or female voice. "God- yeah, I'll be there in a few. Alright. Bye." he said, and put the phone back in its place. "My boss just called. I gotta go back to work. They're a bit short-staffed and they need me there. I love you girls. I'll see you tonight." he said, and went out the door.
"Love you too, Dad." I said before he left completely. I looked at Mom. "Can I stay at Megan's tonight?" I asked her. Megan was my best friend. Mom pet my hair a couple times, and nodded.
"Yes, you may. Let me know when you get there, okay?" 
"Alright. Thanks, Mom." She gave me a warm smile, and I quickly went upstairs to my room to get my stuff together. I got things together for longer than one night, just in case something happened. I didn't make it noticeable though. I grabbed everything I'd need, for emergencies. Money, a first aid kit, I had a mini-fridge so I grabbed a couple drinks and some snacks from the box under my bed. I left my room and started for the door. "Bye, Mom! I love you!"
"I love you too!" she called from the living room, and I left. I just had my backpack on, so I didn't look weird walking around. I didn't head for Megan's though. I started to walk around town, waiting for sunset. I liked to watch sunsets. I always thought they were pretty. I went to Hugo's diner to eat, and just hung around for a couple hours. I was pretty good friends with one of the waiters, so I just talked to him as he was working. His name was Peter. He and I have been really close friends since we were little. We actually fake-dated at one point, just to make our exes jealous. Peter was a really good-looking guy, and I guess I was really pretty. I've honestly never thought of myself as pretty, but I guess I was. It was around 7, so I quickly left the diner, to watch the sunset. There was a bench just outside, so I sat there, and admired the gold and red in the sky, along with the pink-ish clouds. It was beautiful. Once the sun had completely set, I headed towards the building where Dad worked. I was able to sneak in, and I started to walk around. I heard some voices, and then I heard noises I don't think I wanted to hear. I followed the noises, and eventually ended up at the doorway to Dad's office. I peeked through the window of the door, and saw Dad, making out with Megan's mom. Jackie was the receptionist for the company Dad worked for. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I knew this would lead to another fight, so I ran out of the building, and towards the transit station. I was glad I packed for more than one day. I quickly went up to the desk.
"I need to go somewhere close by but somewhere far too." I told the lady.
"The next bus goes to Tulsa, Oklahoma." she said. I paid for the ticket, and waited for the bus to come. There was going to be no more fighting. No more sleepless nights. No more worries. No more dealing with my dad coming home late at night. No more negativity.