Chapter 3 - First Day

Start from the beginning

Nee-san sighed looking down, gave up after many times she tried to encourage me.

Suddenly she looked up again and looked at me, probably she realizes something.

Mifuyu: "Ne (Y/N), you do have a friend back then." she said.

(Y/N): "I...do?" I said, confused.  

Mifuyu: "Yeah, you don't remember?"

I shake my head sideways in reply.

Mifuyu: "Hold on.. Let me show you." she said while opening up her phone.

I just stayed silent, still confused.

Mifuyu: "Found it. Look."

(Y/N): "...!" I can't say anything, not believing what I'm seeing.

Mifuyu: "Remember her? She is your childhood friend, Rinko-chan."

My eyes widen after I hear that name. I totally have heard it somewhere.

Mifuyu: "She is your friend when you are still in Kindergarten." she explains. "She moved to our country from Japan. You two were best friends until first year of middle school. Until, unfortunately, she had to move back to Japan with their parents. This is the photo I took when both of you are still in kindergarten and primary school."

I was stunned, still not believing what I've seeing. Maybe that explains the weird dream I had earlier, I tried to remember it, but my head hurts everytime I try to. Looking at the photos, she does look similar to the girl I've seen on my dream.

(Y/N): "Rinko..." I mutter.

Mifuyu: "Remember her now? You were very sad when she leaved. After she leaved, you were not being yourself for some moments. Until now, you were not unable to make another friend. Making she's the only friend of you, the important part of you." she explains.

(Y/N): "I...remember now." I said. "Your right, she was my only friend... when she leaved, I couldn't help but feel sad. Maybe I couldn't make any friends because I'm afraid that I will lose them like Rinko." I explained with tears forming on my eyes.

Mifuyu: "(Y/N)..." she put a concerned expression and suddenly hugs me.

(Y/N): "B-but we are in Japan now." I said. "I... I can probably meet her again, right?" I asked, now almost crying.

Mifuyu: "You will (Y/N). No matter when or how, you'll find her. I promise." she said while wiping my tears from my eyes.

I nod in response.

Mifuyu: "Now, now, cheer up! You have school to attend." she said while her expression suddenly turned into normal back, and patting me on the back.

(Y/N): "Okay, thanks nee-san." I replied. I forgot how Nee-san's emotion could change in miliseconds.

-5 Minutes Later-

After saying goodbye to Nee-san, I went out from the apartment and started walking to school. I looked at my watch, I still have 30 minutes before school starts.

While my apartment and my school isn't too far, probably around 20 minutes, so I can still make it.

I walked and walked and walked, enjoying the view and atmosphere so far.