sim jaeyun • home

ابدأ من البداية

Jake cautiously glanced towards you two. You were still on the snack table talking with his best friend. You probably didn't know of his arrival yet, nor did the others try to inform you, but Jake thought it was alright. He enjoyed watching you smile at Sunghoon despite his insides screaming his want, that it be him. He was growing more and more jealous but it was alrightㅡ

"Oh my god Jake!" Jay's voice suddenly shrieked, "Your drink spilled on my pants man!" He abruptly stood up as he pointed towards Jake's can of soda that he had unconsciously gripped way too hard. A huge dent had already imprinted itself on the can from his strength.

Jake laid the soda can on the floor, hissing as he stood up to pat away the other droplets that had also fallen on his pants. "Why am I such an idiot?"

"Jake?"

Upon hearing your voice, the boy stood frozen on his spot. Their other friends who had watched the movie had left it to play and instead had all of their eyes glancing back and forth to your figure walking towards the Aussie and to the boy himself, completely ignoring the movie playing right in front of them.

"This live drama is even better," Geonu commented earning a nudge on his side from Heeseung.

Mentally preparing himself, Jake turned towards you, almost considering the thought of running away from the scene but he knew that you would hate him for that. So he stayed. Jake couldn't help but feel butterflies in the pit of his stomach as he inspected you up-close. You didn't really changed that much except for a nice haircut and a little bit of weight added in your figure. He thought you looked lovely, as you always do.

At first, the boy thought you were gonna greet him simply then go back to your conversation with Sunghoon; it seemed like you were enjoying yourselves then, but his eyes widened in shock as you suddenly engulfed him in a hug, burying your face in the crook of his neck as you encircled your arms around him.

Jake stood frozen for a few seconds until he saw Sunghoon from your back, brutally gesturing motions with his hands that he realized his arms were still lying limply on his sides.

'Bro what the hell? hug her back!' Sunghoon mouthed, earning another glare from the older boy as he hugged you just as tight. Sunghoon grinned, proud.

"I thought you still haven't arrived." Jake almost scoffed at your comment. Considering you were pretty occupied with Sunghoon, he wasn't wondering why you thought so.

"I came home just a while ago, it wasn't really that long." He replied as you both broke the hug. You just nodded as a reply, darting your eyes to the floor not knowing really what else to say.

Then it was just silence; even the other boys felt the awkwardness seeping through their skin as they inwardly grimaced. Some of them felt bad for the both of you. How oblivious you were being.

However, one very particular male couldn't stand letting the cricket noises take over. Nicholas stood up from his spot before walking towards you and Jake. He slung his arms on both of your shoulders as he grinned.

"You two need to talkㅡ"

"Man, arms off."

Nicholas merely brushed off Jake's words as he guided you both to the open terrace of their dormitory. "Here, a fresh air. You'll both need it." He winked before leaving you two alone, closing and locking the door behind him as he walked away. "Thank us later alligators!" Then after his mini fiasco, he was finally out of your sight after giving Jake's shoulder a tap and yours a little squeeze.

You and Jake stood together silently for a few minutes, not really knowing what to say and do. It's almost as if the both of you were in the very first stage of your friendship all over again; the one where the awkward greetings and questions to get to know each other better was done. However, Jake knew he needed to do something to ease the gauche surrounding you both.