꧁𝟚꧂

Naomi plunked herself down onto the sofa and received a scowl from Leila for sitting so harshly on her precious couch.

"So.." Naomi said, waiting for someone to finish her sentence, but continued again when she realized nobody was going to do that for her. "Why was it so urgent for me to be here? Other then hopeless flattery, of course"

Nick blushed slightly, and Leila shot him a look, but her glare instantly softened when she remembered she had to 'respect her elders', aka, Nick.

"So basically," Peter started. He was cut off by Naomi whipping around to face him, glaring at him as if she haven't noticed he was here, even though she was sitting next to him.

Peter returned an equally confused look, and Naomi shrugged it off rather rudely.

"As I was saying, Nick and I took my time machine here and—"

"You have a time machine?!" Naomi gasped and her jaw dropped slightly, gazing at Peter like he had just, well..told her he had a time machine.

"Yes, now stop interrupting." Peter snapped back at her, causing the brunette to close her jaw and fall back into her seat, crossing her arms and huffing.

"Anyways, we came here for fun, but a piece broke and that piece came from really far in the future, and we can't get another one. So basically, we're stuck here." Peter said and took a deep breath in afterwords.

He looked around the room to make sure everyone was following.

Nick still looked a little dazed, and that was probably expected seeing as how he thought this was some weird dream.

Leila was sending daggers at Naomi, who was blowing a stray piece of hair out of her face, just for the sake of annoying everyone in the room with her loud wind sounds.

Peter rolled his eyes at Naomi's childishness and made a mental not to trust her with sensitive information—well, any more sensitive than he was already revealing.

The four sat an a very awkward silence for a few minutes. They were all either playing with their hair, or twiddling their thumbs while looking uncertainly around the crisp living room.

After another minute of this uncomfortable silence, Leila cleared her throat, getting the attention of everyone.

"Anyone want snacks..?" She said awkwardly while hoisting herself up on the edge of the couch.

Peter shook his head no, and Naomi let out a small 'well duh' under her breath.

Nick shrugged and got up.
"I'll come with you." He said, following Leila into the kitchen.

Nick took a look around, taking in everything from the birch wood cabinets that spanned the walls, and the granite countertops.

'Nice place' he thought to himself while sitting down on a barstool next to the island in the middle of the room.

Leila took some chocolate chip cookies out of the pantry and placed them on the island in front of Nick.

Nick took one and bit into it loudly, spilling crumbs everywhere, receiving a menacing glare from Leila.

Nick shrugged it off and Leila spun back around to the fridge and she pulled out two cartons of milk; one regular, and one lactose-free.

She got some wide glasses and poured two regular milks, and two lactose-free ones.

Leila slid one of the lactose-free glasses to Nick, and pulled the other one towards herself.

"How did you—"

"It's hereditary. Hasn't been a person for generations who could actually tolerate dairy. I just figured you'd be the same way."

"Weird. My brothers aren't allergic, but then again, we don't have the same parents so I might've gotten it from my real mom or dad." Nick breathed out.

Leila's eyes widened. She had no clue Nick was adopted, but why would she? Nobody knew anything about their grandparents from 2006.

"Yeah...maybe."

Nick and Leila talked for about 20 minutes, and learned a lot about each other.

Nick and Leila both felt the same feeling, though neither one of them could really pinpoint what it was.

The feeling of being so close to someone without really knowing much about them. The feeling of your heart being warmed just by the persons presence.

It wasn't a romantic feeling, or anything like that, but it was more of a deeper connection: a family bond.

As Nick and Leila laughed and shared experiences, they were abruptly interrupted by a loud voice coming from the living room.

"Hey! I've been waiting with science boy here for hours! Get me some food peasant!" Naomi called out.

The brunette girl ripped open the shutters separating the kitchen and the living room, and popped her head in.

"Ew is that that lactose-free crap? Just drink milk and deal with having the runs someti—"

"Omi! Stop it! Jeez!"

"Well then get me food!"

Naomi threw her hands up in frustration and flipped back onto the couch.

"I can tell she's the nice one of the friend group," Nick joked.

"You haven't seen anything yet," Leila smiled.

•••

I totally forgot about this oops