Friends are for

"Really? Well, if you do just happen to see the man cub...you will inform me first, understand?" Kaa nods, "I get the point. Cross my heart, hope to die."

"Good show. And now I must continue my search for the helpless little lad." Shere Khan walks away, Y/n slows down, "I'll catch up with you, I need to do something real quick."

"Oh? And what is that young lady?" Y/n nervously gulps, "That....my body is....you know." Shere Khan lifts his head up in realization, "O-Oh oh I see, yeah you go on ok and please be careful."

"Thanks." She quickly heads back to the tree where Kaa is at, she hides between the bushes without being seen. "Ooh, who does he think he's fooling? The helpless little lad. Ooh, he gives me the shivers. Picking on that poor little helpless boy."

Kaa then smirks, "Oh, yes. Poor little helpless boy." Suddenly immediately fell of the tree, Mowgli gets off the tree, "You told me a lie, Kaa. You said I could trust you."

Y/n was so relieved to see him again, "It's like you said. You can't trust anyone." Kaa was about to attack him until Y/n ties a knot on his tail causing him to be stuck.

Mowgli looks at her and smiles, "Y/n!" She quickly grabs his hand, "We have to go, now!" The two quickly ram off, Kaa shouts, "Wait till Shere Khan hears about this Y/n."

Mowgli turns to her and asks, "What does he mean by that." Y/n ignores him which causes him to get concerned. They reached to the dreaded side of the jungle, with dead trees everywhere that looks like everything burned down.

"I think you'll be safe here for now. Mowgli there is something you need to know." Mowgli stops her before she could say something, "First you have to tell me what does Kaa mean."

"Mowgli that's not important right-" he grabs her by the shoulders, "Tell me Y/n, I'm your friend. You have to tell me." She sighs and looks down, "Shere Khan is looking for you, I'm afraid he's going to kill you."

"And you are going to tell me to stay in the man village. Like Baloo and Bagheera." Y/n shakes her head, "Listen to me Mowgli, you are in danger. We both know you can't take him on."

"Shouldn't you also be heading to the man village, you are just like me. Raised here and not once have I heard either of them say that you should go."

"It's complicated, but trust me when I say that you have to—" he stops her, "First you say what Kaa was talking about isn't important and now it's complicated that you stay in the jungle when I can't."

She sighs in frustration, "It's because I can take care of myself better than you can, you let Kaa get into you and you would've died if it wasn't for Shere Khan stopping him. "How would you know."

"Because Shere Khan raised me!" She quickly covers her mouth, Mowgli takes a step back, "No, that can't be true." She looks down and says nothing, Mowgli starts to tear up, "You....I thought you were my friend, but you are just helping him."

"No no that's not—" he gets angry, "I don't want to hear it Y/n, I don't need you, Baloo, Bagheera or anyone." He walks off leaving Y/n alone, she clenched her fists and head over to look for Bagheera and Baloo as her tears stream down.

Mowgli gets a stick, sits on the rock, and moves the stick on the puddle near the rock feeling betrayed. Vultures start to crowd around Mowgli, one of them said, "Blimey. He's got legs like a stork, he has."

"Like a stork. But he ain't got no feathers, he ain't." They all laughed at him, his tears fall down his face, "Go ahead. Laugh. I don't care." The vultures looked at each other as Mowgli walks away, "What's wrong with him?"

"I think we overdid it." they discussed, "We were just having a bit of fun, that's all." one of them looks at Mowgli, "Oh, just look at him."

"Why, the poor little fella." they all looked at him feeling sorry, "You know, he must be down on his luck." one nods, "Yeah, or he wouldn't be in our neighborhood." Then they went to him, "Hey, new kid, wait a minute! Hey!"

Mowgli turns around, "Just leave me alone." They gathered around, "Oh, come on. What's wrong? You know, you look like you haven't got a friend in the world."

"I haven't." said Mowgli as he looks down. "Haven't you got a mother or a father?" Mowgli slowly walks, "No. Nobody wants me around."

"You don't have any one at all?" He shakes his head no, the vultures looked down, "Yeah, we know how you feel. Nobody wants us around either."

"Ah, we may look a bit shabby, but we've got heart. And feelings too." they all looked at him and smiled, "And just to prove it to you, we're gonna let you join our little group."

"Kid, we'd like to make you an honorary vulture." Mowgli passes them, "Thanks, but I... I'd rather be on my own, alone."

"Aw, now look, kid. Everybody's got to have friends. Hey, fellas, are we his friends?" The vultures gathered around and start to sing,

We're your friends
We're your friends
We're your friends
to the bitter end
The bitter end

When you're alone
When you're alone

Who comes around
Who comes around

To pluck you up
To pluck you up

When you are down
When you are down

And when you're outside lookin' in
Who's there to open the door

That's what
What friends are for
Who's always eager to extend
A friendly claw

That's what friends are for
And when you're lost in dire need
Who's at your side at lightning speed
We're friends with every creature comin' down the pike

In fact we've never met an animal we didn't like

"Ha-ha. You take it, kid." Mowgli starts to join them,

Didn't like
So you can see we're friends

We're friends in need

And friends in need
Friends in need

Are friends indeed
Are friends indeed

In the jungle
Forevermore

"That's what friends are for." Shere Khan smirks at them.