𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

Start from the beginning

After some lecturing and advice, he gave her the opportunity to make her life better and for that, she was truly grateful. She walked out of CCPD with a brand new outlook on life and for the first time with hope. However, that feeling didn't last very long and was soon replaced with fear and anxiety the moment she stepped foot inside the dark, abandoned warehouse. She managed to get in undetected and quickly pack a duffle bag filled with clothes. It wasn't until she was halfway out the back doors of the warehouse that she stopped herself dead in her tracks. There was an indescribable sensation running up her spine and turning in her stomach. Her mind and gut screamed at her to be wary for she wasn't alone.

"Going somewhere?" The voice broke the dead silence of the night. Evelyn's eyes had shut for a brief moment before they fluttered open.

"It's not what it looks like..." she told her soon-to-be former boss. It's a dumb response, and she knew that. Oddly enough, it was the only thing she could come up with at the time, and those words tumbled out of her mouth before she could stop them.

"Really? Cause it seems to me like you were trying to sneak out when you thought I was asleep?" Her boss said voice laced with pure sarcasm.

She finally found the courage to turn around coming face to face with none other than Leonard Snart. He sat on the edge of an unused desk that was resting against a pile of unopened boxes that had been there for as long as she could remember. His arms were crossed over his chest as he eyed Evelyn in amusement.

His cool demeanor had kind of thrown her off guard. This may be his usual appearance but in a situation like it was the last thing she had expected to see from him. However, she had made a mental note to not get used to it for he could be playing her and will switch up at any given moment.

"You know," He had begun as he pushed himself off the desk. "I wasn't expecting to see you so soon."

Evelyn's blood had begun to boil as he stared at her with that smug smile that over time she had grown to love. She never had and never will tell him that. He knew she knew what he had meant by that statement. Just like he knew how she'd react. "Yeah, because you left me." She said through gritted teeth.

His eyebrows shot up, fitting perfectly with the smirk that rested upon his lips. "Now now-"

"No." She interjected sternly. "We never leave one of our own behind no matter the situation." She stated confidently and angrily what her former boss had drilled into her head from day one. "That was your rule, yet you seemed to have forgotten it tonight."

"The heist went sideways too fast. Even I couldn't have predicted tonight's chain of events." He told her his lame excuse as to why he left her to the wolves. She shook her head with a mad smile. She knew every word he was spouting was complete and utter bullshit. He had left her behind on purpose. She knew it. He knew it.

"Cut the bullshit, Snart." She said and his lips immediately compressed together in a tight line. "You purposely left me to take the fault for whatever insane reason you had swirling in your head."

"Okay, I did." He admitted nonchalantly, his tone guilt-free, and that tugged at her heart. "But you had it coming. I had the whole thing planned down to the tee. Every detail was perfectly accounted for, but then you had to take it upon yourself to choose a different exit plan last-minute throwing the whole heist out the window."

"What are you talking about?" She gaped. "I found a quicker and more efficient way which you never had a problem with before. We got the diamonds out faster than we would've if we stuck with your plan."