Prologue

It was a special day for Y/N. It was their anniversary. Y/N was on her way to their meeting spot. But the boy she was supposed to be meeting wasn't anywhere in sight.

He must be late again. She thought to herself. Y/N was already used to Oikawa being late. She trusts him.

She opened her phone and texted the boy;

Hey. I'll be waiting at the meeting spot okay? :)

Usually Oikawa would reply in a matter of seconds. But that was in the past, in the early days of their relationship.

She sighed and sat down.

I'll just wait for him.

-

An hour has passed. Still, no replies and no sign of Oikawa anywhere.

She was pissed, honestly. But she knew how to control her anger, only when it comes to her boyfriend. She always tried to sympathize with him and always tried to understand his situation.

She decided to wait for another 30 minutes.

Don't overthink Y/N. Always understand that he might be busy or stuck in traffic..

-

Another hour has passed. Still, Oikawa was nowhere to be found.

She sighed. She decided that she would just visit him. She has never been to Oikawa's place, despite their 1 year relationship. She or Tooru never brought it up while they were dating. But she decided that she'd take the chance to finally visit him.

He must be sick. She thought.

She stopped by at the convenience store to buy some medicine, made sure she bought his favorite snack, milkbread. And even bought a cake for him. It's their anniversary after all.

She smiled to herself, she knew how much Oikawa loved milkbread. Just thinking about Oikawa sent Y/N into a euphoric state.

As she passed by an internet cafe, she heard a familiar voice inside.

"STUPID TEAMMATE! PIECE OF SHIT!"

There's no mistaking it.. it was Oikawa's voice.

Still, Y/N thought to herself that it might not be him.. but she still decided to peek anyways.

It was expected but Y/N was still hurt.

It was Oikawa, sitting down on the chair and shouting at the computer.

She quickly hid into a stall and called his phone, as she was calling him she looked at to see his reaction.

"WHAT THE FU-" His voice was cut off when he heard his phone vibrating.

Will he pick it up? Y/N stupidly thought to herself.

-

Oikawa stared at the phone for a few seconds.. and declined the call.

Y/N's heart sank.

Disappointment, anger and frustration filled her up as she was leaving the place. She didn't even bother sneaking or hiding herself, Oikawa's eyes were glued to the computer screen anyways.

-

She made her way to Oikawa's house. She knew his address because Tooru himself told her about it.

She rang the doorbell and a middle-aged lady answered.

"Yes?" The woman said.

Must be his mom.

"Oh- uhm.. I-I'm Tooru's girlfriend."

"Girlfriend? But he never said he had one..?"

Y/N suddenly felt a sharp pain in her chest.

B-But he told me.. that his mom knows me.. He told me that his mom liked me.. was it all a lie?

Y/N never got to meet Oikawa's mother officially. But Oikawa told Y/N that he told his mom about her.

"O-Oh.. is that so? Well I- uh.. It was a joke ma'am.. Uhm.. when Tooru comes home tell him I gave these to him.." She passed the goods to Oikawa's mom with shivering hands.

"Oh, okay, are you his friend?" The woman asked.

"Ahh.. y-yes, I am.."

"Feel free to come anytime. Tooru lets his friends come over anytime."

Y/N just simply smiled and nodded.

As soon as she stepped outside the gate, her body suddenly felt weak, she clung onto the wall for support to avoid herself from falling down.

-

Y/N walked home with a heavy heart, hoping that Oikawa had an explanation for everything. Once again, she tried to sympathize with the boy. As she opened the front door to her home, she ignored the worried voices of her parents.

She locked the door of her bedroom and fell onto her bed.

*PING!*

She grabbed her phone to see the notification.

1 message from Tooru💖

She smiled.

She opened the message,

Tooru: We should break up.