s1 e9: "nothing is going on between me and avery"

Start from the beginning

"oh, god. he's serious" arizona said, prompting everyone to to run across the hall. everyone stopped in the doorway as they seen teddy sitting in front of a screaming sloan, holding a baby wrapped in a blue towel.

"holy mother—"

"get my bag. get my bag" arizona said, tapping kelsey's shoulder.

"get me a clamp"

"i got it" kelsey announced as she ran back in with the bag, holding clamps in her hands.

"scissors"

"is he okay? is he good?"

"he's great. you did great"

"any sounds?" kelsey asked as teddy handed the baby over to her.

"not yet" kelsey stood up and walked the baby over to arizona on the counter where she was drying her just washed hands.

"come on, baby boy. come on. come on" after softly shaking him, he let out a cry, relieving both kelsey  and arizona.

"okay. that's my boy. okay. that's what i'm talking about"

"here you go, grandpa" kelsey said with a smile as she handed the baby over to mark.

"𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓?"
jackson asked kelsey when she let out a yawn as they walked into the elevator leading up to the helicopter pad.

"rough morning. i was up at the ass crack of dawn across town delivering sloan's baby in mark's apartment" kelsey glared up at jackson as he let out a few snickers.

"oh grown up" she said with a chuckle.

"it was a fishing boat accident and two patients—one with a head lac and abdominal pain—" kelsey watched as meredith glared at april as she rambled to derek about the patients. kelsey looked up at jackson as she was fixing her gloves with a raised eyebrow, only to get a smirk from him in return.

"i'm pretty sure they said fish hook, chief shepard. but if i'm wrong you can spank me" jackson joked after the two exited the elevator.

"shut up" meredith said, trying to hold back a laugh.

"oh, chief shepard , i do hope i'm wrong" he continued, making kelsey laugh and shake her head.

"what do we got?"

"uh, i've got the son—head laceration and crush injuries. the dad's right behind. let's go" miranda explained before heading toward the elevator

"50-year-old male, penetrating trauma to the chest. hypotension in the field, gotten 2 liters of L.R en route" derek pulled back the drape to reveal a hook impaled on the man's side.

"oh! big hook !" april exclaimed.

"big hook!" the four of them exclaimed.

"𝐈 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍'𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑"
kelsey turned around to see jackson handing a chart to the nurse.

"please. we were just working on a case together"

"i know but i didn't get to enjoy it as much as i would've liked" he said as he moved closer to her until he was standing in front of her with a smile across his face.

"avery. go home" kelsey laughed, readjusting her purse on her shoulder.

"you know we never finished our coffee date the other day"

"who said it was a date?"

"come on, you know it was date"

"pretty romantic first date" kelsey sarcastically responded, now leaning on her right elbow so she was facing him.

"yo, avery!" a voice called out behind him. he turned around to see who it was before turning back to face her, shaking his head while lowering it.

"oh, my bad. are you busy?" charles asked as he walked up to them with reed and april.

"yeah i am actually—"

"nope. he's all yours" kelsey said, giving him a mischievous smile before walking away.

"oh kelsey, wait! we were all about to go to joe's, you wanna come?" april asked.

"that's a really good idea" reed said, looking up at jackson who scowled down at her.

"i don't know, are you sure it's not just a you guys thing?"

"of course not, we'd love to have you. right jackson?" charles said, also earning a scowl from him.

"i'll take that as a yes. let's go"

"𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐈'𝐕𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐎𝐔?"
lexie asked as kelsey walked into the apartment and placed her keys and purse on the counter top.

"sorry, i was at joe's with jackson and his friends"
kelsey answered, sitting next to her and laying her head on her shoulder, closing her eyes.

"oooo that's good right? first his friends, next his parents?" lexie jokes, taking a sip from her beer bottle.

"it's not as big a deal as you want it to be" kelsey chuckled

"sure it is. so what happened?"

"well i found out all the little one does is talk which is why i now understand why her and april are bestfriends, and charles is pretty cool"

"ugh, really? it sounds like you like them"

"do we not like them?"

"you know i don't know. meredith and them didn't like them when they first got here. it's a surprise they like you"

"i'm pretty sure they merely put up with me because of you"

"and jackson. speaking of jackson, did anything happen between you two tonight? were you all giggly every time he said something?"

"for the 15th hundredth time alexandra, nothing is going on between me and avery" she said with a chuckle.

"yeah. nothing is kissing on new year's day and giving chocolates and roses on valentine's day. why are you so against the idea of you and jackson?"

"because we literally met like 3 minutes ago. that's a perfect example of a crash and burn relationship"

"then give it time. he likes you. with cristiana he just jumped right in and kissed her....." lexie stopped, quietly dragging out the 'r'.

"he kissed cristina?" she exclaimed, lifting her head off her shoulder.

"i've said too much. goodnight!" lexie said, running into her room.

"lexie wai—" kelsey called after her before heavily sighing, turning off the tv and all of the lights before walking into her room.

𝐢 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐚𝐮𝐝𝐚𝐝𝐞|𝐣. 𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲!

𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞, 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, + 𝐚𝐝𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 !

𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟏𝟒𝟑𝟓