iv.

❝ 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲, 𝘄𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝘂𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲'𝘀 𝗮 𝗱𝗮𝘇𝘇𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗮𝘇𝗲, 𝗮 𝗺𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗛𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗜 ...

 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲'𝘀 𝗮 𝗱𝗮𝘇𝘇𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗮𝘇𝗲, 𝗮 𝗺𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗿
𝗛𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗜 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀?❞

˚◞♡ *ೃ༄˚◞♡ *ೃ༄

𝗱𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝗹𝗳𝗼𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝗮 𝗳𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗱𝗿𝗮𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝗷𝗲𝗿𝗸. apparently, he told girls that he could "lose his arm" if he was on the grass any longer. i swear i will hit him the second i get that chance. why the absolute fuck is he so haughty and smug all the time? who is he playing? smoke was literally coming out of my ears when he sat on the opposite table  and told everyone "that i'm playing hard and i secretly want him". he smirked at me when he said that, and i almost hit him with my fork (to which hermione told me i have a short temper, and i replied that i just have a quick reaction to bullshit)  

to be honest, why does he have to be like that? why does he annoy me so much? i literally can't stand breathing the same air as him. why is he so rude to people and why does he bully them? 

these questions surrounded my head as i walked with harry to the library to study potions. me and him were both failing, and barely scraping through the lesson, not to mention that professor snape teaches it. he would snap at every chance he could to embarrass me and harry (malfoy would always chuckle at my whole face burning up when snape scolds me). the library often smelt like pine, and was filled with over ten thousand books. we sat on the couch, and flipped through advanced potions book. we and him barely talked throughout the session, but did exchange questions and assignments. that is, until i reached page number 106. it was how to make an exploding polyjuice potion. 

poly juice potion:

1/2 cup of wolfsbane

squirt of worm guts

4 drops dragon blood

3 tpspns dream fluid

there was a small envelope which was dark brown and old and vintage, however, still smelt of saccharine vanilla. it was glued with a wine pink seal, and has tiny white flowers stuck in it. i looked around, harry was still absorbed in his book, learning the ingredients of felix felicis. . there were some girls, crowding around a table, discussing about malfoy. ("he's so irresistible, isn't he?", a strawberry haired girl giggled. i glared at her. yes, he was very irresistible for me to kick his ass). "to whoever it may concern", the envelope said. the handwriting was not decipherable. who could it belong to? i nudged harry, and showed him the envelope.

"what's this?", he asked me. "i could ask the same question!", i replied. "i found it in the pages between 105 and 106".  harry looked at me like i was crazy. "it's probably a joke. maybe they meant to give it to someone but accidentally put it here?", he questioned as he took the letter from my hands, and began examining the pretty seal.. "yeah harry, but it does say to "whoever it may concern", i said, with a confused look on my face. "ok ella, why are you so interested in that letter?", harry asked me. i shrugged. "oh um brilliant", he said and i rolled my eyes.  "will you stop being sassy?", i gritted my teeth.

i opened the envelope anyway. there was a small, torn, white paper that said

𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲.

the handwriting was extremely messy and dirty, seeming like the person had hastily written it. what did they mean by "write me back here". I showed it to harry who was looking exasperated. "will you leave it?", his jaw clenched. "um no", i shook my head.
"ella, could you be more annoying?", he asked me, snatching the paper. "yes', i nodded, widening my eyes. 

"maybe...they meant that you can reply back?", he furrowed his eyebrows, after he shot me a dirty look. "but how?", i questioned him. "maybe by writing something back on the paper? and keeping the envelope in the same place?", he asked me again, now bored. "thanks harry", i replied, still confused. "no problem ella. i'm going now", he said, getting up and holding his tremendous potions book. i gave him a quick nod. "i'll meet you in the hallway", i said, and he smiled. i smiled back. 

i took a quill and pondered. what should i write? i mean, this certainly looks like a prank, but what if it isn't? what if someone is in danger? this is hogwarts, every thing can happen here. so i turned back the small paper, and wrote "sure". i disguised my handwriting. i was a still more skeptical. i tried to drown the heaviness in me as i quickly folded the paper and put it inside the sweet smelling envelope. i slowly put the letter behind the pages 105 and 106. i don't know what is going to happen, but i am surely excited about it. 

i left the library soon to meet harry. 

◞♡ *ೃ༄˚◞♡ *ೃ༄