"izuku!" she called. she was sure the officers were close to restraining her at that point as yukiko tried to push through. it was no use. if they wouldn't let her help from inside, she'll have to do her best to help outside. she tried to breathe in the oxygen from the air without affecting those around her, but to no avail. her own lungs were practically begging for air after her crying fit and they weren't expanding how they normally would.

she felt useless. yukiko felt completely useless in that moment. if she wasn't able to regulate her breathing during such a anxiety riddled time, how would she do it as a hero? or even as a sidekick or whatever she had the possibility of becoming.

a second rush of air forced past her, and the villain was torn in two. an all too famous head of hair and might jumped into action. All Might! surely now everything would be okay!

"Detroit Smash!" All Might yelled, the air blown back to the villain in full force. everyone in the crowd, including yukiko, were blown away. it felt like the air was ripped from her lungs. the fires went out and the villain was torn away from himself. Mt. Lady protected those on the opposite side of the road where the heavy impact wind blew. and the whirlwind of air blew upwards before it settled.

"katsuki. izuku." she ran past the barricade, seeing the two of her friends knocked out from the rush of oxygen being stolen from them. they were still breathing, shallow, however. rain fell down onto the ground and she sniffed lightly, rubbing either of their heads. while everyone cheered, she was worried for her friends. although yukiko was thankful for All Might, she couldn't find the words to thank him... Out of everyone, he was the number one hero. saying thank you just felt off to say. should she collapse to his feet and bless the ground he stepped on? or should she offer him the free stamp on her ice cream stamp card?

how do you thank the number one hero for saving your two best friends, she thought, rubbing izuku's head.

she sat there, her tears mixing with the rain as the police took the scattered bits and pieces of the villain into police custody. news reporters and journalists surrounded All Might, taking pictures and asking questions while izuku got a heavy scolding from Death Arms and Kamui Woods the second he woke up. katsuki sat the opposite of izuku, the other heroes praising him for his thick skin and tenacity. yukiko just sat to the side, trying to catch her breathing to steady herself.

 yukiko just sat to the side, trying to catch her breathing to steady herself

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

while the sun set, yukiko sighed softly. izuku wandered off alone after his scolding and didn't intend to stay around any longer. she stayed behind with katsuki while he finished up with reporters. and when he did, she began to walk with him down the road.

"you didn't have to keep following me like a lost dog." katsuki hissed, "it's annoying."

"you're right. it probably is annoying." she mumbled, holding her bag tightly that her fingers turned white, "katsuki..."