|Request #12 | Santana

Start from the beginning

It's not.

After he eliminates the others, easily overpowering them, he turns to face you.

Breaking from your stupor, you regain your senses, wasting no time in fleeing. You run faster than you ever have, desperate to escape.

You're not ready to die yet.

Narrowly missing the wall, you turn a quick corner. Your mind isn't conjuring coherent thoughts, instead, you are guided by the animalistic flight response.

You take the stairs three at a time, reaching towards the door which leads to the outside world. Hope flutters in your chest, along with your rapidly beating heart. You can make it!

Before you can open the door, a surprisingly cold hand clamps around your wrist, stopping you in your tracks. Your arm threatens to wrench out of its socket as you attempt to pull away, his grip unwavering.

You protest, switching your method of survival. Punching his rock-hard chest, you wince at the pain flaring in your hands.

He chuckles at your feeble endeavor, pulling you into his chest. Frightened, you think he's going to absorb you like he did the others, but he doesn't. Instead, he holds you close, hand running through your hair.

"I like you," he says in a quiet voice.

You stop struggling, stunned by his odd words.

Realizing the implications, you mutter, "Scheisse..."

|||||

After that whole experience, Santana properly introduced himself and you returned the favor (too scared to stay silent under his intense gaze). He decided that he liked your name and wanted you to tell him more about this time.

Apparently, he's been asleep for millennia, having been separated from the rest of his kind.

"I must find them," he told you, practically dragging you along.

You tried to stay put, but your feet slipped on the ground, "How do you even know where they are?"

"I can sense them."

"Really?"

"You mean you can't do that with your kin?"

"No, we do have machines that can track people though."

"Interesting..."

Conversations like that happened a lot on your journey to find the three other Pillar Men. Of course, you attempted to sneak away from him at every opportunity. Those attempts never went in your favor, with him catching you every time.

A few times, he got mad enough to strike you, knocking you down to the ground. You tried to keep the tears at bay, but they sprang to your eyes despite your efforts.

|||||

Deep in a cave, three pillars remain unscathed by the hands of time.

"Awaken," Santana demands, having fed a whole brigade of soldiers to them while you helplessly watched.

You shudder in fear as three Pillar Men emerge, each one large and intimidating. Santana noticed your discomfort, drawing you close to his side. Not seeing any other option, you clutch onto him, finding relief in his familiarity. Better the devil you know, right?

"Masters," Santana bows deeply. You follow his lead, after all, you value your life.

"Santana," the one with beads in his hair greets, "It is good to see you."

"Wamuu," Santana nods.

"Why do you have a human with you?" Kars questions with narrowed eyes.

You gulp, visibly frightened.

Santana's arm tightens around you, "She is mine. She was among those who awakened me."

Esidisi chuckles and crouches to get a better look at you, "I can see why you kept her, she's cute."

You stare at the ground and bite your tongue. Santana stands his ground, holding his breath as he awaits Kars' next words.

"Make sure she doesn't get in the way," he dismisses with a wave of his hand before walking away.

Your body loosens, no longer tensed at the prospect of death. Head hanging low, you allow Santana to hold your hand as you trail behind the others.

"Don't worry, I won't let them hurt you."

|Bonus|

At the place you now call home, you shiver from the cold and uncomfortable floor.

The abandoned hotel has a large basement which is completely protected from the sun, the ideal hideout for vampire-like creatures.

Unfortunately, the damp underground is not so good for a human, as you have discovered.

Luckily for you, someone notices.

"Come here, Y/n," Santana beckons, patting his lap.

You shake your head, refusing.

He stole you away from your world and trapped you here, of course you're not going to comply with his demands.

His eyes narrow at your disobedience.

You debate the consequences of your actions, not wanting to screw yourself over.

He is the only one here that actually cares about your well-being after all, and you've tried and failed many escape attempts already.

"Y/n," he growls in a warning tone.

Shuddering, you stand and walk over to him, standing before his sitting form.

He takes your hands, moving up your arms and down to your waist before pulling you onto his lap.

Warm...

He's so warm.

You practically melt into him, forgetting your hostility in order to hug him and bask in his warmth.

He smiles at your actions, wrapping his arms around you.